Your Official SU-Miami Game Thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Miami Game Thread

Battle giveth and Battle taketh away. That missed dunk was an absolute killer. Then he follow it up with an awful 3-point attempt. Then White takes his worst shot of the day. This team does not deserve to make the tournament.

Miam is just better than us. They hit shots that we needed to hit and we didn't.

Are they though? We beat them by 15 in first meeting. And this meeting the difference was an terrible bank shot that went in. I said earlier that shot was gonna come back to bite us

Really poor execution both sides of the floor. We got them in the bonus a long time ag0 then stopped driving. Of course we gave up lobs at inopportune moments. Lots of wasting of the shot clock on offense. Oh well.

I'd love for him to come back and he's a good player but wow... what a lame 1st rounder. He's basically been a body who rebounds, sometimes.

he needs to be more selfish and just flat out shoot more.

lydon was wide open on that last three point miss, but i doubt there was enough time for him to pump fake before shooting
Next breath, Please come back tyler

interesting officiating they call fouls all half but the 2 touch fouls on white and Battle were killers, yet Gillon got zero calls going to the basket and white got one almost every time.

I don't think we make the tourney. :( So sad.

Man, we shot ourselves in the foot a lot today. I just don't get this team. At all. Oh well, hope we make it!! Please let us make it!!!

Didn't watch the second half or bother following any play by play. I made the right decision.

A poor first half can't be overcome game in and game out. If they were ready to play today, the result is probably different; Gillon and Lydon have disappeared too many times this season with no one in the media really calling them out for it.

They'll be sweating it out Sunday. Ample opportunity throughout the year to avoid having your fate in someone else's hands, but this team just like doing things the hard way.

This season is a complete failure barring a miraculous tourney run, should they get in.

Don't really have anything left to say.

so after we had to foul, what was the point of roberson not being subbed out for TT? did we need Robey in there to rebound a missed FT with no canes in the lane? we had no timeouts, so once roberson was in, he was locked in. didnt likely make a difference this time, but its poor game management.

I can't believe the Gillon bashing. Kid has won us like 5 games on his own this year. He is the only one who shows up in the clutch (except Tyus vs Clemson).

Some of you guys are just the worst.
crybabies who believe they are entitled to Syracuse victories

and after a loss they are like a mob during the French Revolution

Bottom line, we just aren't that good. We rely on the play of a wildly inconsistent point guard. It got us today. And we don't deserve to be in the tournament. Especially with zero wins away!

That's fine but don't kill the player. Kid's come a long way in a short time, and he wants it, which is helpful.

Maybe if we recruited anybody people wouldn't have to be so hopeful a mediocre player will come back.
Wait. You think Tyler Lydon is a mediocre player? That is your analysis of him. Well, we disagree. And when he gets a million bucks to play the game, that will be our answer.

I don't think we make the tourney. :( So sad.

Man, we shot ourselves in the foot a lot today. I just don't get this team. At all. Oh well, hope we make it!! Please let us make it!!!

I strongly suspect it's the NIT for us. :noidea:

The good news today:
1. I don't need no-doz after watching that VERY s-l-o-w paced game.
2. Lydon will be back next season. Another nothing game from a supposed NBA player.
3. Yep, I'm ready to say good-bye to Robey and Howard.

Battle giveth and Battle taketh away. That missed dunk was an absolute killer. Then he follow it up with an awful 3-point attempt. Then White takes his worst shot of the day. This team does not deserve to make the tournament.
I appreciate that Battle took the initiative and aggressively tried to win the game for his team. That's more than we can say for a few others on the team.

Maybe if we recruited anybody people wouldn't have to be so worried that a mediocre player will come back.

He's a sophomore and you're calling him mediocre if he comes back. Everyone complains about guys leaving early, but nobody has any patience for players to develop and stay for 3-4 years. I don't know how that's enjoyable for anyone who watches the game.

Bottom line, we just aren't that good. We rely on the play of a wildly inconsistent point guard. It got us today. And we don't deserve to be in the tournament. Especially with zero wins away!
Gillon cost us the game today? LOL One, we have two wins on the road. And no team that we are on the bubble win would have much more if at all with the teams we played on the road. No one on the bubble was going to win at Wisky, UNC or N.D.. No one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom