Your Official SU-UL Game Thread | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-UL Game Thread

Lydon is really really disappointing. I was praising him in the first half and then he went and hid like he always seems to do when we need him most.

Honestly not pissed. We needed Battle -- we were gassed. We can still get 3 of the next 4 if Battle is back. Won't be easy, but not impossible.
JB chose to bench Battle tonight. I don't think he was sick.

Lydon is really really disappointing. I was praising him in the first half and then he went and hid like he always seems to do when we need him most.

Doesn't disqualify him from the NBA, Webber did that his whole career

He's playing out of position because the last few centers we've recruited have been absolute busts.

Don't need to finger point at anyone. This game was lost due to the simple fact that we cannot rebound the ball!
There is a lot of truth in that, but even with the lack of rebounding the game was ours for the taking. Didn't make the plays.

He's shown time and time again he is not a #1 guy. Great complimentary players -- a second or third option. Does not have a go to guy's mentality out there.

Thank god we got two attempts to screw up the ending of that game. Gives us lots of experience on how not to execute at the end of a close game.

Jeez, this team is its own worst enemy.

We won 5 straight by executing at the end of close games. They could've quit down 7 in regulation and down 7 in OT but they came back each time. We lost a close one against a good team, it happens. We just have no margin for error at this point because of the non-conference

Blaming Roberson for missing a FT is like blaming Gillon for not protecting the rim, and Howard for not getting any post up buckets.

Gillon should not have stepped out of bounds. There was a lot wrong in this game. They did not lose it because of one or two plays. There were like 2o bad plays.

Bizarre last possession of regulation which was our chance to win. Gillon drive from half court through the trees? Really? Why isn't our NBA player getting the last shot? So frustrating.

Last edited:
He's playing out of position because the last few centers we've recruited have been absolute busts.
I don't buy the out of position excuse on offense. He has the skill set for both the 4 and the 5. He just doesn't utilize his advantages and forgets to shoot when the game gets into crunch time.

Howard had a couple of good moments. I hope it helps his confidence going forward.

There is a lot of truth in that, but even with the lack of rebounding the game was ours for the taking. Didn't make the plays.
I would normally agree, if they didn't have multiple offensive rebounds that were pretty much uncontested. But yes, our offensive execution was terrible at best for large chunks of that game.

This 3 on 5 offensive lineup isn't going to win games. Howard was better than he's been but he doesn't have the upside Battle provides. And TT got us back in the game, he makes a bad positioning play on D and gets yanked for the rest of the half. The offense stinks with that Robey-Howard lineup. UGH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom