You're currently watching a revolution in the NFL... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

You're currently watching a revolution in the NFL...

Yep, you're right it was the pace and style of the offense that killed Philly last night. It was the five turnovers (boneheaded plays by traditionally boneheaded players) and the defense never being able to make a stop (last year's achilles heel). But keep telling yourself that the 431 yards of offense and the style of play was what killed them.

IF you have a bunch of boneheads on your team wouldn't you want to lessen the chances of them making dumb plays?

Chip Kelly is proving that a hyper paced offense can succeed in the NFL. If they can keep this up for all 16 games and be successful, it will change the face of professional football.

premature anything is never good

IF you have a bunch of boneheads on your team wouldn't you want to lessen the chances of them making dumb plays?

You could argue the opposite though. Players prone to turnovers gonna turnover. So why not try to radically increase the volume of plays so you have more chances to overcome the inevitable mistakes?

You could argue the opposite though. Players prone to turnovers gonna turnover. So why not try to radically increase the volume of plays so you have more chances to overcome the inevitable mistakes?
Some people just aren't wired to think in those terms, Scooch.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Because the other team is gonna score when that happens, more 3 and outs, etc. Plus if you have fragile guys you're increasing the # of hits they're going to take a game. Those skill guys on the Igs aren't exactly all stout.

I knew this was going to be a big subject for debate as soon as Shady McCoy said, after the Skins game, that he thought they needed to seriously reevaluate the workload they were giving the offensive players (paraphrasing here). If your best player is thinking like that after one game, it could be a tricky sell to everyone else.

I like watching it, because it makes for an exciting, uptempo game. But Vick is not the guy to run this offense. Adam Schefter tweeted last week that the Eagles very nearly landed Colin Kaepernick for a 2nd round pick before the 2012 draft. Holy crap, if that had happened? Kaepernick would be the PERFECT guy to run this Chip Kelly offense.

I knew this was going to be a big subject for debate as soon as Shady McCoy said, after the Skins game, that he thought they needed to seriously reevaluate the workload they were giving the offensive players (paraphrasing here). If your best player is thinking like that after one game, it could be a tricky sell to everyone else.

I like watching it, because it makes for an exciting, uptempo game. But Vick is not the guy to run this offense. Adam Schefter tweeted last week that the Eagles very nearly landed Colin Kaepernick for a 2nd round pick before the 2012 draft. Holy crap, if that had happened? Kaepernick would be the PERFECT guy to run this Chip Kelly offense.
Those guys eventually get killed though and the Kap becomes RG3. The size/speed of the nfl just dictates against revolutions .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Because the other team is gonna score when that happens, more 3 and outs, etc. Plus if you have fragile guys you're increasing the # of hits they're going to take a game. Those skill guys on the Igs aren't exactly all stout.
It's basic football iq. Even hurry up coaches will tell you that if things aren't going well the rhythm usually hurts not helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

431 yards against KC isn't bad. they're second in the league in yards per play. they have a lot of work to do on defense.

people forget that philly sucked last year

5.3 YPP last year, 7.1 this year.

If you can't execute it's a good way to play yourself out of the game in a hurry.
But the point isn't to prolong how long in the game you have a chance to win. The point is to win.

Those guys eventually get killed though and the Kap becomes RG3. The size/speed of the nfl just dictates against revolutions .

-

RG3 is in his second year and he's more hurt and fragile than Eli Manning ever was or will probably be. (knock on wood)

Just wanted to bump this as a new season is upon us and all the people who said the Eagles offense wouldn't get them more than six or seven wins last year were wrong. It is revolutionary to the NFL, and it actually works. It worked when the Bills ran up tempo in the early 90s and it still works today.

I'm interested to see how teams adjust this year to the Eagles offense. I think Chip Kelly is pretty much smarter than anyone else in football, so I don't hold my breath that teams will catch up just yet. I called 10-6 last year, I'm saying 11-5 this year.

This style of play works given the right players, solid depth, and fitting scheme to match personnel (which Kelly is a genius at).

A Clockwork Orange said:
Just wanted to bump this as a new season is upon us and all the people who said the Eagles offense wouldn't get them more than six or seven wins last year were wrong. It is revolutionary to the NFL, and it actually works. It worked when the Bills ran up tempo in the early 90s and it still works today. I'm interested to see how teams adjust this year to the Eagles offense. I think Chip Kelly is pretty much smarter than anyone else in football, so I don't hold my breath that teams will catch up just yet. I called 10-6 last year, I'm saying 11-5 this year. This style of play works given the right players, solid depth, and fitting scheme to match personnel (which Kelly is a genius at).

It's not even tempo. The true genius is the tempo plus scheme, with sports science mixed in. I'm very high on this Eagles team. Hope the D can catch up...

Just wanted to bump this as a new season is upon us and all the people who said the Eagles offense wouldn't get them more than six or seven wins last year were wrong. It is revolutionary to the NFL, and it actually works. It worked when the Bills ran up tempo in the early 90s and it still works today.

I'm interested to see how teams adjust this year to the Eagles offense. I think Chip Kelly is pretty much smarter than anyone else in football, so I don't hold my breath that teams will catch up just yet. I called 10-6 last year, I'm saying 11-5 this year.

This style of play works given the right players, solid depth, and fitting scheme to match personnel (which Kelly is a genius at).

He sure is. That first half last night was a thing of beauty from the Eagles offense vs Pittsburgh. 17-0 Eagles 1's on 1's at H. The execution and tempo was crisp, and, with the way he stretches the field with virtually no heat on Foles, it seemed like there were wide open guys everywhere. All that pre-snap motion everywhere must be a nightmare to deal with when they execute like that with good athletes everywhere. Preseason but still impressive from the 1's in the dress rehearsal game.

Eagles All Day... Again. Bam. Taking the NFC East.