Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
manny diaz last year as temple HC
Yes, but I mean we are not peers with temple. Or we should not be. We are P5 ACC School. It just seems like this stuff continuously happens here.

The next time I see someone mention that they like Mike Leach on here, I will strangle them through the internet.
Yeah, when it comes to Leach now...

tenor.gif

No. Not the poor innocent dog. Let it eat Arnett.
That's true. The dog did nothing wrong. I can't wish death on the guy though. I hope a snake with the kind of venom that causes localized damage bites him, causing him to limp for the rest of his life.

My question is -- why did we not try to increase the offer beyond MSU's number? If he was entertaining that offer than just matching it wasn't going to cut it.
Maybe they took him at his word that he wanted to be at Syracuse and figured out if they matched it, they would stay.
I'll hold finally judgement until we see his contract numbers.

That's an interesting nugget of information. No sense crying over spilt milk...bull forward. Adversity happens, let's let the dust settle before final judgment. If they were willing to match maybe the AD tells Dino to get your new guy with that money.

All true, but the new guy has to run a 3-3-5 or something very similar. It’s clear we can’t recruit the proper personnel (largely stud DTs and linebackers) to run our current defense.

BTW "Syracuse is a better job than Mississippi State" is a take you will find on Syracusefan.com and nowhere else.
Explain why.

What is their ceiling in the SEC considering who they play annually? They are bottom feeders in their conference with no path to competing. There’s a path to becoming an elite defense in the ACC. Not happening vs Bama, LSU etc.

Last edited:
My question is -- why did we not try to increase the offer beyond MSU's number? If he was entertaining that offer than just matching it wasn't going to cut it.
If matching a higher offer 11 days after you agreed to a different offer isn't good enough, asta la vista. That's not a guy I want around my program. He'd split 1st chance he had, anyway

I wonder if he’s now in charge of the concussion/injury shed too?

All true, but the new guy has to run a 3-3-5 or something very similar. It’s clear we can’t recruit the proper personnel (largely stud DTs and linebackers) to run our current defense.

We may not have a choice, not a ton of DC's running the 3-3-5 and were at the end of January. Assuming we can't get Long out of retirement were probably hiring a 4-3 guy.

When will Syracuse pay SEC type money to any coach or their staff? The answer is quite simply, never.

I wonder how much of it is money (certainly some of it) and how much of it is 'what did I get myself into' after watching some film of this year's debacles.

You pay for what you believe is a fair value, otherwise you are overpaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors