Zag Postgame Thoughts... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zag Postgame Thoughts...

Wow. They kicked our butts. Not even close for the last 15 minutes, or whatever, following the Zags 13-0 run.

We need to learn to shoot with confidence and purpose when under duress. Thats it. Thats the story.

mintz 9/14 rest of the team 11/47. outside mcleods 3/3.
Was 5-6 points a few times in the second half but zone gave up the rebound kickout 3.

The only thing saving this team from a really bad record this year is that the ACC stinks again. They can’t shoot, they can’t rebound, hell they can’t inbound the freaking ball. Red needs patience from the fans, however, JB left him with a crap team, the portal can only do so much in the first year

The only thing saving this team from a really bad record this year is that the ACC stinks again. They can’t shoot, they can’t rebound, hell they can’t inbound the freaking ball. Red needs patience from the fans, however, JB left him with a crap team, the portal can only do so much in the first year
Best recruitng year ever.

The issue is our portal losses/gains are a net negative.

Not only do we lack talent we look like we don't have any type of plan, discipline, or organization. We are also a very selfish team. These are things I thought AA would bring to the table. Talent is fine give him time to bring talent but all the other stuff is terrible.

It looks like AA has no control over the team and they don't play the way AA played. So it is very concerning that as a new coach he hasn't taken control and put his footprint on the team.

5 games in, Kenpom means nothing right now. They aren’t bad losses.

They are bad losses in the sense we looked like hot garbage.
Computers don't forget about the multiple 20 points losses to great teams and computers create the NET. Getting blown out in both of these games is bad.

And tomorrow isn't going to be a cakewalk. We didn't come to play today, what will tomorrow look like?

JJ Starling is not it. Like seriously guys. I live in his hometown, but we are getting discount Symir Torrence.

Cuffe will eventually get more minutes.

If Mintz isn't going to pass to set up his teammates and create, I'd rather see Copeland at the 1 and Mintz at the 2. Mintz takes over games because he won't involve his teammates. The last play of the first half was a perfect example of his selfish play.

Starling’s last three point play is indicative of this team. The right play was to dump it down to McCloud. It never entered his mind. This team doesn’t make plays for each other. For this team to win against any good team, they have to be efficient on offense. I don’t see this team ever being efficient. They will never rebound with this lineup. We have to play two bigs on the floor or we will continue to get out rebounded by 15-20 rebounds every game. We can’t make up for the lack of offense by giving up so many second chances points. I know how Red wants to play, but he can’t win with this team if he plays that way. Let’s see if he’s going to be stubborn or plays to the strengths of his team.

If Mintz isn't going to pass to set up his teammates and create, I'd rather see Copeland at the 1 and Mintz at the 2. Mintz takes over games because he won't involve his teammates. The last play of the first half was a perfect example of his selfish play.

I would rather never see Copeland on the floor he is terrible

Computers don't forget about the multiple 20 points losses to great teams and computers create the NET. Getting blown out in both of these games is bad.

And tomorrow isn't going to be a cakewalk. We didn't come to play today, what will tomorrow look like?
They’re a D2 team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom