Zag Postgame Thoughts... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Zag Postgame Thoughts...

Mintz continualy was beaten off the dribble today.
Bell missed a bunch of open shots, but he put himself into the open position.
Taylor has a weird release. He hasnt hit a shot for us last few games
Copeland and Taylor are our best rebounders.
Not sure how many more positive things I can come up with here. LOL

GO CUSE.

I just cant believe someone went into the portal to grab these kids and thought "yup, this is a good team." JFC

Mintz continualy was beaten off the dribble today.
Bell missed a bunch of open shots, but he put himself into the open position.
Taylor has a weird release. He hasnt hit a shot for us last few games
Copeland and Taylor are our best rebounders.
Not sure how many more positive things I can come up with here. LOL

GO CUSE.
Mintz gets beat a lot because he is going for steals. Not great.. but at LEAST he is trying some form of defense

Anyone else coming away from that game thinking ………
IMG_2094.jpeg

The one silver lining is these aren’t bad losses. Season is still young but the team right now is pretty awful. Let’s beat Chaminade and then LSU at home. 5-2 with losses to Tenn and the Zags keeps the season in front of us. Totally agree about today, nothing good. Team seriously lacks shooting threats.
I need one of you people to walk me back from the ledge. We look terrible. Any decent center will crush us. I do not even want to think what Duke will do to us.

The most disturbing part of the last 2 days was the players presser last night. They are an overconfident and selfish bunch. Red needs to give them a dose of humility. Maybe just a week of sprints

I’ll say this. If this isn’t the worse it can get, I think we’ll be fine this season.

The most disturbing part of the last 2 days was the players presser last night. They are an overconfident and selfish bunch. Red needs to give them a dose of humility. Maybe just a week of sprints
Paul Silas the 3rd

Does anyone believe Syracuse is a good three point shooting team? Will some one tell the team to stop shooting threes and move in closer to the basket and hopefully score.

It would be nice if we had a point guard who could penetrate and set up his inside players to score sort like the way Gonzaga guards did.

Our guards penetrate and either throw the ball up at the back board (and fall to the ground hoping for the foul call) or pass the ball out to our higher percentage scoring three point shooters.

Come On Syracuse, try to win at least one game in this tournament. Tired of watching the team be down 15 points in the first half.

Does anyone believe Syracuse is a good three point shooting team? Will some one tell the team to stop shooting threes and move in closer to the basket and hopefully score.

It would be nice if we had a point guard who could penetrate and set up his inside players to score sort lie the way Gonzaga guards did.

Our guards penetrate and either throw the ball up at the back board (and fall to the ground hoping for the foul call) or pass the ball out to our higher percentage scoring three point shooters.

Come On Syracuse, try to win at least one game in this tournament. Tired of watching the team be down 15 points in the first half.
You absolutely have to be able to shoot the three effectively to keep defenses honest. It's just a must in the game today. If you can't, moving closer to the basket and/or driving and dishing inside won't work because the defense just packs it in.

Basically just witnessing a continuation of the downward spiral we’ve been on the last few years. This is why we needed a total reset. Same stuff. Can’t rebound, all iso, can’t shoot, and now even worse defense with the man to man. This is going to be a disaster unless we can get the elite athletes we used to, which we can’t.

On the plus side, Didnt Gonzaga beat baylor a few years ago in a national championship game preview early on?

I think taking away playing time is the only way to have an impact on them. I would rather watch 5 walk-ons actually run an offense than what we see everytime down the floor. I have never seen a group of more selfish players all on one team.

They’re a D2 team.
They've given better teams with better players games to the wire before. Almost beat Anthony Edwards in Georgia a couple years ago and we certainly don't have an Anthony edwards.

I need one of you people to walk me back from the ledge. We look terrible. Any decent center will crush us. I do not even want to think what Duke will do to us.

I thought MacLeod had a few good sequences. You have to build on that. And didn't we see Mounir Hima for 3 or 4 minutes? He wasn't listed in the box score on ESPN.com.

Basically just witnessing a continuation of the downward spiral we’ve been on the last few years. This is why we needed a total reset. Same stuff. Can’t rebound, all iso, can’t shoot, and now even worse defense with the man to man. This is going to be a disaster unless we can get the elite athletes we used to, which we can’t.

I agree this is what everyone feared and right now it is becoming our reality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom