Zaire Franklin: Colts | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Zaire Franklin: Colts

Well, he does wear 44.

But yeah - isn’t it common for players to say which college they played at?
A simple Google search finds this as well … hmmm?

FEFF7E38-AAD4-40BA-9E76-1EC658B1747C.jpeg

I'm guessing it has something to do with his involvement with his high school and wanting to rep his hometown roots:

I’m sure it’s nothing other than this. Sure I’d love SU to get some publicity but I can understand if a guy wants to mention his hometown. Zaire is one of my all time favorites regardless

A bunch of guys mention their high school now. I'd love to hear a SU mention o national TV but I don't hold it against him. He seems to rep SU on his social media, doesn't he.
Yes he had a number of SU mentions on Twitter during the winning streak and he appeared on the Mob podcast in October. So I don't think he intentionally "dissed" us.

To me, it has appeared that Zaire has been nothing but loyal to Cuse as MSOrange mentioned above, people can have multiple interests and loyalties. Didnt some have the same beef Justin Pugh a bunch of years back? Someone else that seems to have been extremely loyal since he left.

Zaire did play really hard and is having a great season! I was not trying to disrespect him at all when posing my original question - just wanted to know what the deal was. I admittedly do not know if this is every game or just the Sunday night game where he did this as well.

I will add to this though, that I was telling my son that he played for Syracuse and that he should listen to his introduction. We then rewound it many, many times and had no clue what he was saying. I only figured it out by looking it up. If he is going to try to represent his high school, he should enunciate a little better.

Zaire did play really hard and is having a great season! I was not trying to disrespect him at all when posing my original question - just wanted to know what the deal was. I admittedly do not know if this is every game or just the Sunday night game where he did this as well.

I will add to this though, that I was telling my son that he played for Syracuse and that he should listen to his introduction. We then rewound it many, many times and had no clue what he was saying. I only figured it out by looking it up. If he is going to try to represent his high school, he should enunciate a little better.
I believe he attended LaSalle High School in Philadelphia. Is that the name he gave last night?