“F Syracuse” | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

“F Syracuse”

Tech seems arrogant. I really hope we show up on defense Saturday and stop the run. I want to beat these guys badly. The defense has been hearing all week that they were exposed and can’t tackle. They have to be fired up to prove that game was not the norm.
If the defense is not fired up after last week and after this quote, then they never will be, and we should have questions.

This game is either an accelerant for this program, or a reminder that rebuilds rarely happen quickly.

Do you do it at work? Do you do it in front of the press at work?

The On-Topic Board is a weird place.
You’re equating college football to normal workplace? That’s interesting. (It’s not the same)

Bulleti
Cmon, dont take bulletin board literally...its just another piece used for motivation, or should I say get the team fired up at that moment when its most needed? Get your blood movin and pissed off ready to punch em in the mouth!? If you dont think the coaches and players are aware of all this you are mistaken.
Pregame speeches right before you exit the tunnel are one of the greatest things most people that never played ever see.
IT ALL COMES OUT...F GA TECH
LETS F in GO!

And thats a fact...wake up
Id guess you never played football or at least had a bad speaker before games.

Also, the most improvement is very typical between game 1 and 2. Obviously because thats the first time of the season you were able to see actual game film. Major learning experience, you learn the most then after that its all tweaks.
On 90% of our missed tackles all we needed to do is "take one more step" instead of lungeing and diving. one more step tackler is in position to hit and wrap up. Watching yourself doing that on film for the first time is invaluable.

What worries me is that is not the way they showed up in practice, as said by coach. To me that shows , as an experienced middle linebacker, they wanted no part of taking on #2. He was tough and ive been there.
Lets see how it plays out.

*One time right before a sectional championship game I played in the dome back in OMFG 1993...My coach was giving his pregame motivational speech and I saw him foaming at the mouth, shaving a baby goat with hair clippers (not a real one) screaming in relation to something opposing coach said, he was going buck wild, it was crazy wild and some players unaccostomed to that just started running around in locker room bouncing off walls not knowing what to do. Ya had to be there but anything the other team does is absolutely utilized against them...I mean why not?
BULLETIN BOARD? whee TALKING about BULLETIN Board?
LGO!
I dont care who ya are? that shits funny. and real

4th and 1 late in the game...not one kid or coach is pumping himself up with this comment. Every week somebody can find something. Once the ball is kicked it doesn't matter.
True not true. Thats whats so funny to me...Its not about 4th qtr its about using everything in your arsenal right before the game starts...get fired up now...and be a man and keep it up through the game.

Last edited:
You’re equating college football to normal workplace? That’s interesting. (It’s not the same)
To be fair, you were equating college football to your normal everyday life. If I were a major college football coach, I would prefer my players to focus on the internal dialogue and not the press conference and adding motivation to the opponent, and that is exactly what that dude was doing and the coach went all in.

After reading your post I went back and listened to the whole thing and you’re right it’s not really all that bad what coach said …. BUT … listening to Fran on ESPN Radio he was NOT happy at all. Go listen to that interview and hear how salty Fran is.

Fran took what coach said as disrespectful which is all that matters. Is he genuinely offended or just finding motivation ? Don’t know, don’t care.

I love to see some extra juice added
I think that’s a sign of how competitive he is. It’s like Jordan taking everything as an insult and using it to fire himself up. Gamers game!

More Fran Brown on Key: You know I coached with Kirby Smart and Muschamp. Why would we not be tough, physical football team? ... I'm gonna make sure everyone understands that when you play us, just be quiet. Don't give no ammo to me. When you give ammo to me, I'm coming for you."

More Fran Brown on Key: You know I coached with Kirby Smart and Muschamp. Why would we not be tough, physical football team? ... I'm gonna make sure everyone understands that when you play us, just be quiet. Don't give no ammo to me. When you give ammo to me, I'm coming for you."
oof...HCMFFB badass

Lmao
1000001700.jpg

For those saying players don't hear that bulletin board stuff, listen to some of the players comments post game. They heard that bullscheet GT was talking and they commented about it post game. Love that we kicked @$$ Fran and team
Come At Me Bubble Gum GIF by StickerGiant
Yep, Key was very dismissive after Fran said kind things about him, he is a cocky jerk who got what he deserved today: knocked off his high horse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom