08/03/2020 Izzo is still 1-5 vs Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

08/03/2020 Izzo is still 1-5 vs Boeheim

I gave you a like and btw I was jabbing you back in the day about UB. But you were right they were good and he is a helluva coach.

That one win was such a rollercoaster game too. You blink, you're down big, you blink you're up big, you blink game over and you lost by 20 points?!?!?!

That one loss we were a severe underdog and then the wheels just came off in the second half.
Probably that run and the Louisville run in the second half of the 2013 BET Finals are the worst runs ever against us.

We beat them though in the worst offensively played NCAAT game in 2017 in their backyard again.

If we didn't gag against Vermont in 05 we would have played them in Worcester, MA second round.

That one loss we were a severe underdog and then the wheels just came off in the second half.
Probably that run and the Louisville run in the second half of the 2013 BET Finals are the worst runs ever against us.

We beat them though in the worst offensively played NCAAT game in 2017 in their backyard again.

If we didn't gag against Vermont in 05 we would have played them in Worcester, MA second round.
Who cares how we beat them in 2017? They don't give out style points. If the score was 115 to 110 no one would say (other than on this board) that was the worst defensive game of the tournament.

And this is why it drives me crazy when people around here try to downplay how good of a coach Izzo is. Like you really want to try to make the argument that AXXXSHOOOALY Izzo is overrated because of MTSU or some sht? Congrats bro, you played yourself. He's an elite, HOF basketball coach who oh BTW is owned by Boeheim.

The '03 game was a nail biter - IIRC, Michigan State missed several put backs as time ran out. Still, a road win against a team that ended up in the Elite 8 as a 7 seed.
Found the game on YouTube. Craig Forth was out of position but made a nice recovery with about 4 seconds left to shut down an open layup. A week or two later, Warrick was always in that spot at the end of the game.

Found the game on YouTube. Craig Forth was out of position but made a nice recovery with about 4 seconds left to shut down an open layup. A week or two later, Warrick was always in that spot at the end of the game.
A favorite game of mine.

And this is why it drives me crazy when people around here try to downplay how good of a coach Izzo is. Like you really want to try to make the argument that AXXXSHOOOALY Izzo is overrated because of MTSU or some sht? Congrats bro, you played yourself. He's an elite, HOF basketball coach who oh BTW is owned by Boeheim.

Kevin Ollie was 2-0 vs. Izzo.