1-0 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

1-0

I know. 2 weeks off matters. Anyone who has played/coached knows...you go 3-4 days without a practice over Christmas break or with snow days or something, and you come back looking like TRASH that first practice back.

2 weeks is insane.
Yeah so know what the best thing to do when you have guys out of shape and tired is? Make sure not to use ANY subs for the full 2nd half. Anyone who has coached knows...

Sidibe being out: I don't think he changes the 3s against us, the bad perimeter d, the lack of first half hustle, the missed bunnies, etc.

Yep, a win is a win, but this win revealed some continued concerns.
• Sidibe's health is a major worry.
• Joe and Buddy are not improved. I'm discounting the lack of practice for two weeks excuse here. They're the same players as last year.
• Quincy is better inside. Not better outside. The outside part might change with 'less rust'—fingers crossed, but then again, i'm not sure i want him taking 3s anyway.
• Eli to Griffin, not an upgrade, but he's going to have some big games and might become The Man over the course of the season.
• Bothers me that Edwards got almost zero time, and didn't look like anything while he was in there.
• Bothers me that JBA got zero time. And it's doubly bothersome that he got zero time in a game almost entirely without Sidibe or Edwards. Where Frank did get a minute. If JBA really has been converted to a Center. What does all of this mean?
• It's impossible to quantify any of this, but the two week practice 'penalty' seems like it's only part of the story. Somehow, we played harder/better in the second half, almost—once again—as if we just weren't prepared mentally, came out taking too much for granted against a 'nobody' team, and they smoked us until we started to take things seriously.
• You can say JB gave Joe a chance to play himself back into the game. You can also say that JB nearly pissed away the game by not playing the better player, and may be contributing to some bad vibes and chemistry and an early transfer. Just one game, but 'hurt feelings' don't need a season to be established. I wonder if there's a backstory with Kadary. Hope not. Hope we have him for a while.

Yeah so know what the best thing to do when you have guys out of shape and tired is? Make sure not to use ANY subs for the full 2nd half. Anyone who has coached knows...

It’s not just about out of shape/tired. It’s about basketball.

We’ve really got people here arguing that missing two weeks of practice doesn’t matter because “it’s only Bryant.”

SMH.
That's partially true. Can you shake your head only in one direction? Just 'center' to left?
: )

I...don’t know what what means?
When you are 'shaking your head,' instead of Left to Right, just start in the middle, and only go Left, and back to center and then Left... Like a damaged robot.

Never mind...

When you are 'shaking your head,' instead of Left to Right, just start in the middle, and only go Left, and back to center and then Left... Like a damaged robot.

Never mind...

.....???

Damnit! I screwed up the quote again. I'm clearly in pre-season form here, not close to being really ready for starter's posting minutes.
You just need some Calming Heat.

CH.jpg

Gonna be another long season

Unless Covid shortens it

That is why not losing is huge.

Every game 1 team is going to lose.

So many games are going to get cancelled that lots of squads are going to luck out of losses due to covid. Today would have been a loss that stuck with us into March.

Whats going to stop NC State from coming down with covid when their next 3 games are Duke/UNC/UVA? FSU already did it to avoid a Clemson blowout in football.

I think the shut down def hurt SU but there were times Bryant looked just as athletic as SU, which is sad

Bryant should protest. SU only shut down 12 days and resume practicing yesterday. Isn't the requirement 14 days? Bryant should demand the game be played on Saturday with no practice for SU.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom