1 active coach you would want | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

1 active coach you would want

LOL at people picking Mark Few.

Overhyped media darling whos never reached the elite 8.

correct, my bad. Few was on the staff but not the HC

The irony of the whole thing is that Gonzaga caught a major break with the Minnesota academic scandal, and then Monson left to go to Minnesota and watched his career implode. Without the scandal, who knows if the Gonzaga lore ever takes hold?

Bill Self.

Winner at Oral Roberts and Tulsa, was the architect of the 2005 Illinois team that nearly went undefeated in the regular seasons, and did in five seasons at Kansas what Roy couldn't do in fifteen.

He'd be my choice as well.

I like that Ed Cooley.

A lot of the people mentioned are either better coaches or would simply be better at stepping into the middle of a season and picking up the pieces. But several of those guys are bastards, and I wouldn't want to watch them coach my team. Cooley's capable and he seems like a good guy. Candid and entertaining interviewee, too.

Buzz Williams is at the very bottom of my list.

Gotta go with either Brad Stevens or Shaka Smart. Look at what these guys do with so called "lesser" talent. Now give these coaches the talent and athletes we have. I believe Shaka would be a better fit for Syracuse because he plays more up tempo then Brad Stevens but these two coaches have very bright futures. Unfortunately for Stevens, his dream job is Indiana and it appears that Tom Crean has that locked down. Shaka will be coaching Duke 5 days after coach K retires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom