#1 Gonzaga 73 - #7 Tennessee 73 (30 Seconds to Go) | Syracusefan.com

#1 Gonzaga 73 - #7 Tennessee 73 (30 Seconds to Go)

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Tennessee inbounded the ball with 45 seconds to go in a tie game. I know players rarely go for the 2 for 1 anymore, but that was the obvious time to do it.

Either way Tennessee hits the 3 with 20 seconds to go. 76-73

Tennessee wins.

Down to 9 unbeaten,

Michigan should be #1 next week.(but I assume they will give it to Kansas)

What a fantastic game! My sis in law lives in Knoxville. I called her and did a little screaming with her. I am happy for Tennessee. They have never really been good in basketball, and I believe this will be a great year for them.

What a fantastic game! My sis in law lives in Knoxville. I called her and did a little screaming with her. I am happy for Tennessee. They have never really been good in basketball, and I believe this will be a great year for them.
Ernie Grunfeld and Bernard King say, “Hi!”

Ernie Grunfeld and Bernard King say, “Hi!”

That was over 40 years ago. If that is the last time you were successful, I think its OK to say you have not been really good at basketball.

That was over 40 years ago.
But she said “never”. IIRC, there’s also Alan Huston (sp). They’ve been to the NCAAs 9 times in the 2000s. They just don’t get extremely far into the tournament and don’t have a lot of standout pros.

That was over 40 years ago. If that is the last time you were successful, I think its OK to say you have not been really good at basketball.
Yeah Ralph Sampson. :)

But she said “never”. IIRC, there’s also Alan Huston (sp). They’ve been to the NCAAs 9 times in the 2000s. They just don’t get extremely far into the tournament and don’t have a lot of standout pros.
And Rick Barnes hasn't been to the Final Four since Cuse beat them in 03. Just a little bit better than Virginia.

They had some decent teams with Vincent Yarborough around the turn of the century and again when Bruce Pearl was (I assume) cheating his a$$ off but yeah Tenn has t don’t much overall.

You’ve made Malcolm Brogdon and Joe Harris feel sad you’ve forgotten them. ;)
And this guy. ;)
Virginia bench shrug oh well smaller.jpg

You’ve made Malcolm Brogdon and Joe Harris feel sad you’ve forgotten them. ;)
Honestly I would always remember Sampson and Virginia before either of them. I had already forgot Joe Harris.

In 2010 they lost a nail bitter to Michigan St in the elite eight.

You are correct... they have not been without some success. I guess it would be more apt to say that are a team that is around top 10 every now and then but not that often. So their fans should relish it when it when it happens.

Thank you! And a “Hmp!” To Hoo! ;)

And I believe that is as far as they have ever been. Knoxville was going crazy.

Awesome. Not the result, just that peeps still love college hoops.
Where's Marsh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom