1 More Day until 'Cuse Football 2023! | Syracusefan.com

1 More Day until 'Cuse Football 2023!

RF2044

Living Legend
Can't believe it's finally here!

REALLY looking forward to seeing v2 of this offense, and what the OL is capable of doing.

Can't wait to see what Shrader does for his final act, and what Allen is going to do with his second chance.

I can't wait to see who emerges at WR alongside OG.

I can't wait to see what Rocky Long is going to be able to do with all that depth, and stable of 11 defensive linemen to work with in the rotation.

Looking forward to seeing the LB's lead the way as the strength of the defense.

And I can't wait to see how all of these new faces coalesce in the secondary.

The talent's there, the depth's there for the first time in a LONG time, we have a veteran QB, and the stars are aligned.

8 wins or bust is my prediction, with an outside chance of 9.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Agree with all those and I'll add one I don't see mentinoed often.

I am excited to see the OL, particularly by the Clemon game after they had a month to play as Ellis is back in the rotation.

I know LT is taking a step down (hopefully small/moderate) but I believe we are replacing our two weakest positions from last year (Center/RT) with candidates who could be moderate to significant upgrades. Also there is no youth on this line, all 8 players in the primary rotation are in years 3-6 of their career.

I would rather have a line that is a B or better across the board then a line that has an A+ at one spot and a couple C's at two others.

(Bees dont @ me about the PFF ratings, you know I have them too and I like them, but still think OL is the hardest position to grade when you don't actually know whats supposed to be happeneing on a given play)

We have a good team just viewing it in a bubble. But as fans of Syracuse I don't think we have as good of an idea of similar changes other teams made to improve their rosters. I just think in general teams should be a bit better across the board than historical just because of the COVID season giving all teams more experienced depth and also all P5 teams should be a bit better because of the portal giving teams the ability to plug holes with good fit players and bring up some talent from "lesser" teams as well redistributing the talented depth of really good teams that may be buried a bit at certain positions to other teams as a better positional fit or because there is a better opportunity to play. So i think that has to factor in a bit.

That said, I'm psyched! Should be a solid season. I put the over under and about 7.3 or 7.4 wins. I think 7 wins is most likely result but i'd go with 8 Wins next most likely before just getting 6. We have a shot at 9 wins if everything goes really well. But I feel like a bowl season should be almost a lock unless we have a rash of disastrous injuries or something.

Last edited:

I am excited to see the OL, particularly by the Clemon game after they had a month to play as Ellis is back in the rotation.

I know LT is taking a step down (hopefully small/moderate) but I believe we are replacing our two weakest positions from last year (Center/RT) with candidates who could be moderate to significant upgrades. Also there is no youth on this line, all 8 players in the primary rotation are in years 3-6 of their career.

I would rather have a line that is a B or better across the board then a line that has an A+ at one spot and a couple C's at two others.

(Bees dont @ me about the PFF ratings, you know I have them too and I like them, but still think OL is the hardest position to grade when you don't actually know whats supposed to be happeneing on a given play)
Agreed. I think on the OL the starting talent will be similar to last year but the depth will be better. With an improved WR and TE unit that should help the OL a bit as well.

IMG_7122.gif

Ha. You know you love PFF. Lol. The biggest positive about PFF is that people actually watch play by play. I’ll say I’m hopeful about the OL but not as high on them as others. We have 4 new starters right now and lost our two best. That’s a lot. People like to say we have depth with some experience, but some of those guys were really bad last year. Hopefully they improved a lot. The new guys are just that, new to this level of play. We all love Enrique Cruz but he won’t be Berg this year so even that is a drop off. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom