1 play I don't understand - please explain | Syracusefan.com

1 play I don't understand - please explain

chakka3421

All Conference
Why do we line up with an empty backfield? Have we EVER executed well with that play? If I recall we never executed it well last year as I remember more sacks on that play than most others. Do coaches think our O Line is good enough to pass protect long enough to really make that play work right?

Why do we line up with an empty backfield? Have we EVER executed well with that play? If I recall we never executed it well last year as I remember more sacks on that play than most others. Do coaches think our O Line is good enough to pass protect long enough to really make that play work right?
in lieu of the qb sneak, empty backfield would be great for nassib to run a draw..or audible to an obvious completion for 2 yards if they give it.

My guess is that SU hoped to have a certain advantage and it didn't play out as hoped. The coaches may have seen something on film that they thought they could expose when they had the ball near the end zone and it obviously didn't work.

3rd and 1 should be a high percentage power running play or QB sneak unless you sense the defense is sending everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom