#1 Team week of 12-26-2011 | Syracusefan.com

#1 Team week of 12-26-2011

arbitragegls

All Conference
Based on teams to play, it appears that 'Cuse along with Uconn, who plays no one at all, will have opportunity to be #1 team the week of 12-26-2011.

Uconn plays a schedule with its toughest (sic easiest of any team) opponents looking like Arkansas and USF

'Cuse gets VT and then either Okla St or Stanford; and then Florida and NCST

KY plays St.Johns, NC, Indiana,

NC plays Wisconsin, UK, and Texas

Duke gets Tennesse, and depending on tournament draw: Kansas, GeorgeTown, Memphis or Michigan

Uconn escapes all the way into January without playing a very good team...If we both are undefeated, they got to give #1 to 'Cuse

Harvard will probably be better than Arkansas, and will certainly be better than USF.

NCS looked terrible last night.

I hate being ranked #1 or even being close to #1! The only time it really matters is 2 times, selection sunday and the day after the championship game. SU has notoriously performed poorly when they are ranked #1 and I'd rather be the underdog.

i want shirts to being printed up that say "were #1!..again!"

Su doesn't need that much help with recruiting. I'd say they've held their own for several years now.

SU is a brand name location...whether we are 1, 5, 6 or 9 doesn't matter any given week. SU is a destination. Kids come to JB.

Su doesn't need that much help with recruiting. I'd say they've held their own for several years now.
lol ok, yea we don't want to reach the level of duke, unc, uk, ku...

lol ok, yea we don't want to reach the level of duke, unc, uk, ku...
Really can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, but JB gets pretty much any kid he wants.

I hate being ranked #1 or even being close to #1! The only time it really matters is 2 times, selection sunday and the day after the championship game. SU has notoriously performed poorly when they are ranked #1 and I'd rather be the underdog.

Come on, Sherm, that's loser talk. If we want to be considered an A-list program that we should crave the publicity and swagger that comes with being ranked #1. We don't have to choose between being ranked in the regular season OR going to the Final Four - I want both.

And for what it's worth, we've won 6 out of our last 8 games as the #1 team in the country (5-1 in 1990 and 1-1 in 2010).

I don't think KU has that reach as much as it used to. Neither does UCLA anymore, which sounds crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom