10 former Big East teams made the dance | Syracusefan.com

10 former Big East teams made the dance

Shark58

BANNED
including the U

L-Ville woulda made 11

top conferences this year just had 7 (ACC, B1G, B12, Pacwhatever)

I know it would not have been the same, but,,,,

just%20sayin.jpg

There are 19 former Big East members(1979-2013).
10 of 19 making the tourny is good but not spectacular.

including the U

L-Ville woulda made 11

top conferences this year just had 7 (ACC, B1G, B12, Pacwhatever)

I know it would not have been the same, but,,,,

just%20sayin.jpg

Cant believe I am the first "like". More people need to listen to an ac/dc mixed file folder on their computer while preparing for the streets and drinking beer, apparently? Lighten up people, our man is ON POINT with noticing this happening. Bleep this anti Big East sentiment.

I thought 11 former or current Big East teams were in the NCAA's - Prov, Syra, SHU, Ct, Temple, WV, ND, Miami, Pitt, Vill, Cinn. I may have missed a team but I have that there were 19 original teams at one time or another before the Big East, AAC split - the 11 who did make it plus Louisville and the 7 who didn't (St John's, GT, Rut, BC, VT, Depaul, Marquette). What's interesting is of the New Big East 3 additions (Butler, Creighton and Xavier) 2 of them made the tournament. Very good showing for both the new and the old Big East.

I thought 11 former or current Big East teams were in the NCAA's - Prov, Syra, SHU, Ct, Temple, WV, ND, Miami, Pitt, Vill, Cinn. I may have missed a team but I have that there were 19 original teams at one time or another before the Big East, AAC split - the 11 who did make it plus Louisville and the 7 who didn't (St John's, GT, Rut, BC, VT, Depaul, Marquette). What's interesting is of the New Big East 3 additions (Butler, Creighton and Xavier) 2 of them made the tournament. Very good showing for both the new and the old Big East.

Temple was never in the Big East for basketball.

On further reflection I've got 12 teams in out of what I think is a possible 22.

1. Villanova
2. Pitt
3. Syracuse
4. Miami
5. Providence
6. Seton Hall
7. UConn
8. West Virginia
9. Butler
10. Xavier
11. Notre Dame
12. Cincinnati

13. St. Johns
14. Boston College
15. Rutgers
16. DePaul
17. Marquette
18. Virginia Tech
19. Louisville
20. Creighton
21. Georgetown
22. South Florida

Fixed

Last edited:

Temple was never a basketball member. You are forgetting, the easily forgettable South Florida.

Temple never played hoops in the BE. it would be kinda like counting ND as an old BE team on the football side.

Creighton, X and Butler were quality programs to add to the new C7. I think they have 2-4 more up their sleeves that will absolutely cement them as the top mid-major hoops league out there.

and remember, technically USF, Cincy and WhoConn are still in the Big East

Thankfully with a league that size you would only play the worst crop of bottom feeders only once

Rutgers
Boston College
St. John's
South Florida
Depaul

I've got 11 teams in out of what I think is a possible 22.

1. Villanova
2. Pitt
3. Syracuse
4. Miami
5. Providence
6. Seton Hall
7. UConn
8. West Virginia
9. Butler
10. Xavier
11. Notre Dame

12. Georgetown
13. St. Johns
14. Boston College
15. Rutgers
16. DePaul
17. Marquette
18. Virginia Tech
19. Louisville
20. Creighton
21. Cincinnati
22. South Florida

Cincy is in.

of course, history. in 2011 the Big East was a 16 team league:

2011 Big East NCAA Tournament Teams
Tournament seeds in parentheses.
  1. Pittsburgh (1)
  2. Notre Dame (2)
  3. Connecticut (3)
  4. Syracuse (3)
  5. Louisville (4)
  6. West Virginia (5)
  7. St. John's (6)
  8. Cincinnati (6)
  9. Georgetown (6)
  10. Villanova (9)
  11. Marquette (11)
it was the 1st year with 68 teams in the dance, but Marquette was not one of the last 4 in playins so we prob would have had 11/65 or roughly 17% of the field

tumblr_mit955bUZx1s6h8gho1_250.gif

On further reflection I've got 12 teams in out of what I think is a possible 22.

1. Villanova
2. Pitt
3. Syracuse
4. Miami
5. Providence
6. Seton Hall
7. UConn
8. West Virginia
9. Butler
10. Xavier
11. Notre Dame
12. Cincinnati

13. St. Johns
14. Boston College
15. Rutgers
16. DePaul
17. Marquette
18. Virginia Tech
19. Louisville
20. Creighton
21. Georgetown
22. South Florida

Fixed

I don't think Creighton was ever in the original Big East, joining only after the Big East-AAC split in 2013-2014 and yes thank you I did forget South Florida and added in Temple in error, thanks to those who remembered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom