10 loss seasons under Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

10 loss seasons under Boeheim

swish7

All Conference
We're spoiled. So, 10 loss seasons are disappointing. We've had 13 of them under JB.

This is definitely going to be a 10 loss season. There are too many broken parts, and pieces to the puzzle that don't fit together. It's time to just suck it up, and hope JB can squeeze the mostest out of this flawed team.

Here are the 10 loss seasons / streaks of seasons, and the best of how we fared in a tournament during those streaks.

1980-1983 (NCAA 2nd round)
1991-1992 (banned from post-season play)
1994-1995(NCAA 2nd round)
1996-1997 (NIT - awful season)
1998-1999 (NCAA 1st round)
2001-2002 (NIT)
2005-2009 (47 losses during those years!) (2 NCAAs, 1 Sweet 16)
2012-2013 (NCAA Final Four!!)

Source: http://www.orangehoops.org/Bball.htm

We're probably going to finish up the OOC schedule at 9-4, we can probably all agree that's what we should expect, right?

I'm fully expecting our loss total to be in the 12-14 range at this point unless we get things figured out quickly. Gotta be an NIT season, right?

We're probably going to finish up the OOC schedule at 9-4, we can probably all agree that's what we should expect, right?

I'm fully expecting our loss total to be in the 12-14 range at this point unless we get things figured out quickly. Gotta be an NIT season, right?
NIT isn't guaranteed. Remember, if you win your regular season conference but lose your conference tourney then you get a bid to the NIT. Also there's only 32 teams now. Might be difficult to make the NIT for this team. It's possible we are looking at the first losing team in JB's tenure.

Good thing we get FSU twice this season instead of Duke.

NIT isn't guaranteed. Remember, if you win your regular season conference but lose your conference tourney then you get a bid to the NIT. Also there's only 32 teams now. Might be difficult to make the NIT for this team. It's possible we are looking at the first losing team in JB's tenure.
I wouldn't go that far. If we don't make the NCAAT, the NIT will absolutely leap at us. It's a down year for us, but the Syracuse name carries a lot of cachet in college hoops, and the NIT will want that sort of name recognition in its field.

**Archived for future reference**

Hopefully at the end of the season we're all laughing at you instead of crying with you. :eek:

I wouldn't go that far. If we don't make the NCAAT, the NIT will absolutely leap at us. It's a down year for us, but the Syracuse name carries a lot of cachet in college hoops, and the NIT will want that sort of name recognition in its field.
Plus the prospect of over 25000 fannies paying their way to see a game in the dome. Maybe even 2.

Plus the prospect of over 25000 fannies paying their way to see a game in the dome. Maybe even 2.
Of course we all know that 25k people would never turn out for an NIT game. When we played Butler in the NIT my junior year, there were MAYBE 5,000 people there. Which is too bad, because that was a hell of a fun game.

Divide your projection by 10 and you will be closer to reality.

Got to finish above .500 first and have to get approved by the selection committee. Didn't UConn miss the NIT bubble a few years ago?

Divide your projection by 10 and you will be closer to reality.
I did say prospect even though reality a few years back disproved that. I do think 2,500 is a bite low. Now if you had said half that many, I think you would be closer.

I did say prospect even though reality a few years back disproved that. I do think 2,500 is a bite low. Now if you had said half that many, I think you would be closer.
We had a large crowd at the NIT when we played Butler because he fans showed up to support the team after they felt they got screwed by the selection committee, not because they were happy to be in the NIT.

1992-93 was the probation season. 1991/92 SU lost in the 2nd round. That was the season McRae battled the NCAA and won. I'm sure it was just a coincidence that #6 seed SU drew giant killer #11 Princeton then a 2nd round virtual road game vs UMass in Springfield which the Orangemen lost in OT.