10 Players Ready to Shock the World! | Syracusefan.com

10 Players Ready to Shock the World!

I agree OP. Xavier Thomas is going to have a big year.
SandyOrnateGermanspaniel-size_restricted.gif

The live arm, quick release, great accuracy, and sneaky athleticism are a fantastic foundation for a top QB but there are 2 intangibles that make me feel like he can actually take those high quality ingredients and make a 5 star meal.

1. He was super clutch in the 2 games we asked him to come in, with out notice or first team reps, and absolutely killed it. Pressure is just something he uses to to make his accomplishments (personal and team) more impressive.

2. He has handled staying behind Dungey the last two years like an absolute pro and a heck of a human being. Saves the team’s backside late in a game where we already should have had a comfortable lead, competes all week for the next start, doesn’t get it... who would have known. He backed his team and Dungey to the core.

Also, I don’t know how many of you caught it during his post game presser for the UNC game, but when he was asked to give some insight into how it felt to propel the team to victory this is what he said: (paraphrasing) You know, it’s a team game and a team win. I am just excited that the team rallied for me. I mean, remember when I threw that pick and almost cost us? Yeah well I do and the Dee saved our arses. So yeah I am just happy we got the win and the team rallied.

I instinctually worry about growing pains for Devito next season and then I remember he already has ACC wins and game experience vs FSU and ND at Yankee stadium.
And then I think about how much time Dino has had to mold his Golden Boy...
Man I’m excited for Cuse football !

I think the ceiling is very high next season. I agree that with TD’s time in this system, will only benefit him and the team. We are finally reaping the rewards with recruiting and actually getting a high profile kid. We continue to add pieces to the puzzle to put us on top by picking up Adams and Jackson. We also can’t forget about some of the guys that got us to where we are such as Mo Neal. Mark it down, he will have a break out year. Excited! Go Cuse.

Bleacher Report

Guess who is one of them.
I try to manage expectations when looking ahead to the new season. However, I can't forget that UNC game where we had to pass, UNC knew we had to pass, and still couldn't stop Mr. Devito.

What is the term? We're "Cautiously optimistic," and maybe not so cautious all things considered.

That article is dated yesterday, but I could swear I read that a month or two ago.

Anyway... I'm excited!

They could have added Abdul Adams. He averaged 9 yards a carry at Oklahoma. Here he played one game, carried 8 times and scored twice. I think we got one hell of a gift in this kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom