10 players who will become stars during the 2023-24 college basketball season | Syracusefan.com

10 players who will become stars during the 2023-24 college basketball season

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Judah Mintz, Syracuse: Many people expected Mintz to remain in the 2023 NBA Draft after testing the waters, but he opted to return to college for his sophomore year. While he’s already a proven producer after averaging 16.3 points and 4.6 assists as a freshman, Mintz’s star will truly rise if he can lead Syracuse back to national relevance in its first season under Adrian Autry. The Orange are only a combined 33-32 over the past two seasons.

Judah will have his chance in Maui. That’s a loaded field with a some NPOY candidates. If we can make a run he’ll get that national attention rather quickly

I hope he doesn't try to play hero-ball. Same is true for every one of them with NBA aspirations.

We have Tennessee, LSU, Oregon, Georgetown, Duke, UNC, UVa, and as many as two more Top 10 teams at Maui, among Kansas / Purdue / Gonzaga / Marquette.

Play as a team. Play to win. Play hard. Play Defense.

It's all right there before you. But you only succeed as a team.

I hope he doesn't try to play hero-ball. Same is true for every one of them with NBA aspirations.

We have Tennessee, LSU, Oregon, Georgetown, Duke, UNC, UVa, and as many as two more Top 10 teams at Maui, among Kansas / Purdue / Gonzaga / Marquette.

Play as a team. Play to win. Play hard. Play Defense.

It's all right there before you. But you only succeed as a team.

He went through the draft process. I'm sure it was made clear that Hero ball isn't going to help his draft stock.

judah is a flopper. hits the deck and wants a whistle every drive. that's gotta stop. too dukish for my taste.
i'm really hoping bennie surprises everyone this season with a new coach.otherwise it's a lot of unknowns.

Not having to watch 40 minutes of zone D will have the same positive effect on my viewing enjoyment as the pitch clock rules had on watching MLB games.

Yeah. That, plus actually being an athletic team will be fun.

Games where teams like Auburn, Houston, VCU looked like the varsity going against JV were so tough to watch. We were just incredibly unathletic for a high major traditional power house program, the last few years.

Will be nice to see us being able to compete against anyone defensively, again.

judah is a flopper. hits the deck and wants a whistle every drive. that's gotta stop. too dukish for my taste.
i'm really hoping bennie surprises everyone this season with a new coach.otherwise it's a lot of unknowns.
Works for Steph Curry

Is this going to replace your “Boeheim’s short bench!” disgust for this year?

Yeah. That, plus actually being an athletic team will be fun.

Games where teams like Auburn, Houston, VCU looked like the varsity going against JV were so tough to watch. We were just incredibly unathletic for a high major traditional power house program, the last few years.

Will be nice to see us being able to compete against anyone defensively, again.
I straight up don’t care what our record is this year as long as it appears there is a plan in place and the players seem to be playing hard. Takes time to build a program from scratch essentially

I straight up don’t care what our record is this year as long as it appears there is a plan in place and the players seem to be playing hard. Takes time to build a program from scratch essentially

Historically, SU has always been successful. Never more than back-to-back losing seasons, and that only happened once, 60 years ago. Our coaches for 100 years have all won around 70% of their games, and all had winning records by their 2nd or 3rd year. We've never been down for long.

I don't think Judah is a flopper. He just attacks the basket really hard and hasn't figured out how to land.
Yeah, and I think he contorts and leans in ways that put him off balance when trying to get his shot off in traffic.

1697724834044.png

I don't think Judah is a flopper. He just attacks the basket really hard and hasn't figured out how to land.
Yeah, and I think he contorts and leans in ways that put him off balance when trying to get his shot off in traffic.
It's a feature, not a bug.

He optimizes his jump for getting the best shot, not for a soft landing.

Few people can actually get the reptile part of their brain to momentarily shut off so they can do that.

It's not flopping.

It's a feature, not a bug.

He optimizes his jump for getting the best shot, not for a soft landing.

Few people can actually get the reptile part of their brain to momentarily shut off so they can do that.

It's not flopping.
It's kinda like how during the second 3 peat Jordan was on his butt constantly when shooting his fade away jumper. Kobe did it too.