10 Years for SU Football | Syracusefan.com

10 Years for SU Football

domefoam

Walk On
It has now been 10 years since the 10-3 (6-1) 2001 season when, at the time, I described as one of the most satisfying SU football seasons in my life time. It was a tough gritty team that overachieved led by a very blue collar defense. An offense that moved the ball and had very little big play mistakes. Just fun to watch for a Saturday afternoon.

Since that season we are now 17-52 (33%) in Big East play. 9-40 (23%) over the last 7 Big East seasons including one 0 win season, five 1 win seasons and one 4 win season. No other Big East team compares to these putrid numbers, not even close.

What scares me the most about the state of the program is Marrones plain vanilla coaching style He is too scripted, too conservative and game plans around his teams weaknesses, not the other teams.

Doug needs to wake up and realize he is not playing for the Lambert Trophy every year.

"Since that season we are now 17-52 (33%) in Big East play. 9-40 (23%) over the last 7 Big East seasons including one 0 win season, five 1 win seasons and one 4 win season. No other Big East team compares to these putrid numbers, not even close."

It kills me to say it but be we are the Temple / Rutgers now of the BigEast. Remember when we competed with VT? Our programs have gone in very different directions. Can Doug bring us back? I hope so as this is painful even for the hardcores.

The thing that depresses me is that our 10 years of horrific suckitude (2002-2011) is about to catch up to the 15 years we considered our glory years (1987-2001).

In other words, it's basically over considering ourselves a good program that's just having rough times. We're a bad program.

If you disagree, what kind of program goes 1-6 in this sh!tshow of a conference?

The thing that depresses me is that our 10 years of horrific suckitude (2002-2011) is about to catch up to the 15 years we considered our glory years (1987-2001).

In other words, it's basically over considering ourselves a good program that's just having rough times. We're a bad program.

If you disagree, what kind of program goes 1-6 in this sh!tshow of a conference?

We are a bad program. No getting around that right now. Recruiting. Recruiting. Recruiting. It's amazing, but talent does matter.

44cuse

since marrone wont be getting ready for a bowl he can start to figure out What he didnt do right and who he keeps personel and player wise

2001 seems like a million years ago. Our QB would be 10-18 86 yds and we'd somehow win. A miracle

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk