1000TH time 2 COACHES MISSED THE ENTIRE SUMMER CIRCUIT | Syracusefan.com

1000TH time 2 COACHES MISSED THE ENTIRE SUMMER CIRCUIT

syrcuse

Walk On
How many different ways are people going to look at our recruiting losses and offer strategies , etc????
It's PLAIN and SIMPLE to me...

NO LOVE during the crucial summer circuit was bad for SU. No Coach B. or Hop had to impact our summer recruiting.. Duke can get away with an absence by their name alone. We gotta show face or it will hurt. The Olympic vacation did us no favors.

I know its hypothetical, but Quade might have been locked early with a couple of coaches summer persuasion. I know that's a big mabe. However, there are a few other big names that NEVER saw JB or HOP this summer. That can't be a positive.

My $ 0.02......

The Olympics were a non factor. Because of our NCAA violations, we can only have two coaches recruiting in the summer. That was part of the sanctions. Only two last summer and this past summer. I think it's lifted before next summer.

The only way I can see it hurting is that GMac was named lead recruiter on some of these guys. That was probably done because Hopkins would be out for part of this summer with Team USA. No doubt that was a big step up in responsibility for Gerry because we were swinging for the fences with the level guys we were after.

Now looking at Quade, I honestly don't think Hopkins could have done anything different than Gerry did on that one. Maybe he could have convinced him to sign earlier in the summer with us, but if it came down to the wire like it did, we were getting boned no matter who was the lead.

That said - I still think there is an equal benefit to Hopkins being able to talk to kids about he has coached the top names in the NBA. That means something to these guys.

How many different ways are people going to look at our recruiting losses and offer strategies , etc????
It's PLAIN and SIMPLE to me...

NO LOVE during the crucial summer circuit was bad for SU. No Coach B. or Hop had to impact our summer recruiting.. Duke can get away with an absence by their name alone. We gotta show face or it will hurt. The Olympic vacation did us no favors.

I know its hypothetical, but Quade might have been locked early with a couple of coaches summer persuasion. I know that's a big mabe. However, there are a few other big names that NEVER saw JB or HOP this summer. That can't be a positive.

My $ 0.02...
Cuse coaches were a constant presence at every event and open gym workout this year during the evaluation periods. We don't need all four coaches at one spot to check out a recruit. JB attended every single EYBL event with either Hop, GMac or Red by his side. The EYBL had every key target such as Green, Walker, Randolph, Bamba, Richards, Brissett, Diallo, Tucker etc playing in it. We're just getting beat plain and simple for the top line guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom