11/14/2002 - anyone remember that game? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

11/14/2002 - anyone remember that game?

Gerry McNamara and Hakim Warrick combined to shoot 5-24.

Team shot 36% from the field, 25% from 3, and 45% from the FT line. We scored 63 and lost to Memphis. Obviously we were screwed and would have a terrible offense that year right?

I know some might be gun shy from last year, but let’s not get too nuts because a couple good shooters shot bad while missing our PG...in a 32 point win.

Memphis 70 - 63 Syracuse: Final | 2002-11-14 | College Basketball | Yahoo! Sports
what happened when we lost to lemoyne...

Among other things, I remember Dickie V going ape about Melo. At the time I thought it was all hype, and maybe it was, but maybe he saw something that I didn't think was all that obvious.
To be fair, he goes hype on every "diaper dandy".

I took my 9 year son to the Memphis game - his first Cuse game. Melo became his favorite player and he decided at the game that he was going Syracuse for college. He only applied to SU and we never visited any other school. He graduated from SU in 2013.

Yeah, we weren’t impressive. Way out of sync. Melo made that pass fake to turn his defender around and hit the jumper, and I remember a run keyed by Pace. Other than that we were pretty listless.

First game I got to in person maybe a month later was Georgia Tech and we put up 90+ and looked like the best team in the country.
I think that was the best the championship team played all season. Without Edelin--Josh Pace got back-up PG minutes.

And that Ga Tech team had Jarrett Jack and Chris Bosh.

Impossible to ever forget that game. It seemed crushing at the time. Someone upthread mentioned the lack of the internet chatter back then... it seemed we were starved for information about the team and college basketball in general. But as the season unfolded to become, what for me was the most magical season for any sports team I've supported over the course of my lifetime. The way we demolished the Big 12 on our way to the title was incredible... but, I also remember the depths of despair when we lost to Rutgers... That was even worse than the loss to Memphis... because at least with M.E.M.P.H.I.S... you could have fun with the fact that Memphis stood for Makin Easy Money Pimpin Whores In Style. ... can't do that with Rutgers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom