#11 or #1 ? - Winfield | Syracusefan.com

#11 or #1 ? - Winfield

I'm pretty sure the safety was supposed to rotate over top on that one and help.

I assume the safety was as well but the matchup was wrong from the get go. Reminded me of the USC vs Reddish when he first came in play. Funny how other teams can take advantage of that type of thing.

I agree but we have no depth so we were put into that situation

Whigham was pretty bad Saturday too. Not sure what the deal is with him. Winfield is understandable - he's been a D1 CB for all of 2 months.

I assume the safety was as well but the matchup was wrong from the get go. Reminded me of the USC vs Reddish when he first came in play. Funny how other teams can take advantage of that type of thing.

Exactly what I thought of.

Not a great moment, but I think Winfield can become a good one in time.

just because the corner is chasing doesnt mean he was beat.. he seemed to be running stride for stride the last 25 yds. if he leveraged the WR to where he thought the safety was thats not all on him.

just because the corner is chasing doesnt mean he was beat.. he seemed to be running stride for stride the last 25 yds. if he leveraged the WR to where he thought the safety was thats not all on him.

I don't know if the safety should have been there to help or not. From what I recall on replay though, Winfield did get torched out of the initial break. Got caught somewhat flat footed and was really slow to turn his hips and run.

It's understood he's been playing DB for a month. Blown safety help aside, the staff might be better served to throw an actual DB out there - true frosh or not.

playing catch-up Winfield did show some speed that I didn't think he had.

Here is my feeling on this. First off Winfield is new to the defense. The coaches put him in the game and knew he was there. The safety's are experienced and if I know that a teammate of mine is out there for possibly the first time...I recognize that. ND seemed to recognize it quicker than the team he played on, that is what annoys me.

Winfield will be fine and he did show some good speed.

Felt bad for Winfield.

Tough spot for a rookie who has never played the position at the college level.

Felt bad for Winfield.

Tough spot for a rookie who has never played the position at the college level.

Happened to Reddish out in LA, trying to keep up with Marqise Lee, and losing badly. Fuller is one of the better WRs in college football this year. I think Winfield will be better for it, getting thrown in the fire like that.

Happened to Reddish out in LA, trying to keep up with Marqise Lee, and losing badly. Fuller is one of the better WRs in college football this year. I think Winfield will be better for it, getting thrown in the fire like that.

Yeah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom