11 votes in the Coaches Poll! | Syracusefan.com

11 votes in the Coaches Poll!

Very respectable, and probably correct. We really do not know who Fl. St. is this season, yet. But good recognition for 3-0. None of this really matters. It is what we do the rest of the season, and hopefully what bowl game we go to. I am will travel to any one in Texas. Doubt I would go much further because of cost. Maybe, Florida...has to be warm. Half way there!!!

If UConn is a win and then we lose at Clemson, how many of the following games do we have to win in a row to crack the Top 25? Two of them? All three?

@ Pitt
UNC
NC State

Awesome! I can't imaging beating UCONN will do much than give us a couple more votes though. I'm not seeing us getting ranked, unless we somehow beat Clemson, (then we get into the top 15), or we beat UCONN, lose a close one to Clemson, then beat Pitt.

Last time we were other receiving votes probably 2012? Early 2010?

With win v UConn and L at Clemson, probably need to wins against Pitt, UNC,and NC State

Awesome! I can't imaging beating UCONN will do much than give us a couple more votes though. I'm not seeing us getting ranked, unless we somehow beat Clemson, (then we get into the top 15), or we beat UCONN, lose a close one to Clemson, then beat Pitt.
We'd need the teams at the end of the Top 25 and in the also receiving votes category to stumble for UCONN to matter much.

With win v UConn and L at Clemson, probably need to wins against Pitt, UNC,and NC State

If we hold our own against Clemson in a loss, it may not need to be all 3 after that. (Note: I'm not even giving up on the Clemson game)

If we hold our own against Clemson in a loss, it may not need to be all 3 after that. (Note: I'm not even giving up on the Clemson game)
I only say all three because our bye is in their and people forget about us for one week and we drop for not playing

I'm very interested in what the spread will be at Clemson. Does Vegas see us as a 7-10 point underdog (which I think would be giving us a lot of respect), or is it going to be like 21.

I'm very interested in what the spread will be at Clemson. Does Vegas see us as a 7-10 point underdog (which I think would be giving us a lot of respect), or is it going to be like 21.

Hopefully 21. If we’re 4-0 and beat them last year and it’s still 21 or something, the large chip that seems to be on our shoulders will grow even bigger.

I recall that we were close to being ranked after thrashing West Virginia in 2011 sitting at a 5-2 record.

So if we beat upon by 30+ and play a close game in death valley, lets say we lose by 10 but a great showing...Do we get ranked? If not, will we have more votes then we do now?

So if we beat upon by 30+ and play a close game in death valley, lets say we lose by 10 but a great showing...Do we get ranked? If not, will we have more votes then we do now?

No chance whatsoever in that scenario.

2017 we had votes in the preseason poll and kept them until we lost to MTSU.

It's in Death Valley. Even if we put up 70 on UConn, we will be 15 - 20 pt dogs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom