12/31 ACC games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

12/31 ACC games

Yeah today helped us to be honest. Teams like VaTech are now a "quality win". It also proved that the top teams are very beatable. Our RPI will shoot up just because of how tough this conference will be. Get 12 wins and we'll be dancing.

Florida St also beat Virgnia (more impressive was that it was a road game)

Certainly don't feel any better (or good) about our ability to win 11 games this year. However, I am more confident after today that 11 ACC wins has to give you a fairly strong bubble profile because that in iteself will give you a handful of quality wins.

Florida St also beat Virginia (more impressive was that it was a road game)

Certainly don't feel any better (or good) about our ability to win 11 games this year. However, I am more confident after today that 11 ACC wins has to give you a fairly strong bubble profile because that in iteself will give you a handful of quality wins.
On a 3-pointer by Bacon (29 points, 26 in the second half) made over a 6'7" forward w/2 seconds left.

On a 3-pointer by Bacon (29 points, 26 in the second half) made over a 6'7" forward w/2 seconds left.
SadVirginiaFan_1_nxfya78c_iybpjhbd.jpg

Big Time. Guy had made a 3-pointer from the corner with 8 seconds to go to make it 58-57 and then Bacon made his shot. :(
Was watching too, while flipping between Peach Bowl; tremendous finish to a well played contest...

Football is just starting isn't it? The basketball games are over now. Was there a dot com bowl or something on that I missed?

Two great games were right up against the playoff game.

Our guards have GOT to get it together. If they play just average we will have a chance to win games. If they don't then it will get ugly. Hopefully we get more PG types in here in the future. Banking on combos is risky business. Everyone seems to have guards who can be competent, run an offense, and not stick out in a bad way. As of late we haven't had those guys...sigh.

If you promised me a winning season overall I would take it in a cocaine heartbeat right now.
College hoops is all about guard play and I don't think we have good enough guard play to turn around our struggles.
I really hope we win 8-9 games in conference play.
Sorry true. People are absolutely kidding themselves if they think we can win 10 games in conference. Close to 0%.

Watching some of the games today, I really wonder if we win even 4-5 games in the ACC this year. Only Wake and BC look bad this year. GT will be a tough out, as they have been for us the past few years. Same with Clemson. I think all of Duke, NC, FSU, Lucille, ND, UVA, Pitt, Miami, VPI and probably NC State are better than us, most significantly better.

Just watching games all year, I think it's pretty apparent we have some of the worst guard play of any major conference team (not counting the Rutgers types), and just might have the worst guard group in the ACC. If we don't, it's close. It's tough to see this bunch winning more than 5 or so the rest of the year and this will be JB's first losing season barring a miraculous change. Wel'l have a shot to win more if, and only if, we somehow get much improved guard play. Without it, were getting smoked a lot over the next 2+ months.

Watching some of the games today, I really wonder if we win even 4-5 games in the ACC this year. Only Wake and BC look bad this year. GT will be a tough out, as they have been for us the past few years. Same with Clemson. I think all of Duke, NC, FSU, Lucille, ND, UVA, Pitt, Miami, VPI and probably NC State are better than us, most significantly better.

Just watching games all year, I think it's pretty apparent we have some of the worst guard play of any major conference team (not counting the Rutgers types), and just might have the worst guard group in the ACC. If we don't, it's close. It's tough to see this bunch winning more than 5 or so the rest of the year and this will be JB's first losing season barring a miraculous change. Wel'l have a shot to win more if, and only if, we somehow get much improved guard play. Without it, were getting smoked a lot over the next 2+ months.

I think we will know a lot more after we play Miami and Pitt, if we can win those games, I will at least have a glimmer of hope.

I feel like you thought we were going to have a losing record last year. I could be wrong but toward the end of JB's suspension I remember you claiming a losing record and not even JB could turn this thing around. If he did it would prove how great of a coach he was. After the final 4 I don't recall an acknowledgement of JB's greatness.

I feel like you thought we were going to have a losing record last year. I could be wrong but toward the end of JB's suspension I remember you claiming a losing record and not even JB could turn this thing around. If he did it would prove how great of a coach he was. After the final 4 I don't recall an acknowledgement of JB's greatness.
I might owe you an apology I'm looking back and can't find it. I will say some of the sobecuse posts from the end of JB's suspension are great. I think he might be copy and pasting them right now.

Sadly, I'm more on this side of things than anything else. Poor guard play can be offset by dynamic wing play. Unfortunately, we have poor guard play and no dynamic wings. Mix in a defense that has been, at best, mediocre and, at worst, inept, and the early season results look to be a good predictor of how we will fare in ACC play.

I've never thought we'd see a losing season. At least until right now. I've thought we'd struggle to get to .500 in league play the past few yrs and that's been pretty close even if I thought 7 or 8 ACC wins. Last year, we saw a fantastic run with some great play out of our guys. The zone was much better in the tourney than earlier in the year and we hit some shots. I don't think it was a JB specialty, just a group that got hot at the right time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom