"12" Personnel | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"12" Personnel

Crusty said:
Lester has used a TE is a loose formation and made him the primary check down. He ran it for an entire game. The 12 is a personnel package and not a specific formation nor offensive scheme. A wide variety of base and spread formations are run from a 12 package. Chip Kelly runs a lot of his offense from the 12. Just too early to know what we will win up with.

And if you're an athletic TE, you watch the Eagles and lick your chops. Ertz is a beast.

Here are the returning TE's on the roster:

Parris, Moore, Batten, Provo, Green. Then you have Enoicy, Custis, and Broyld can fit into the move TE role.

There doesn't need to be some change in direction in recruiting. The roster isn't devoid of players for either role.
Broyld isn't going to block anyone so I don't think he can be used as a TE.

Broyld isn't going to block anyone so I don't think he can be used as a TE.

While I agree Broyld wouldn't flourish in a TE role, I thought he was doing a nice job of blocking downfield before he got injured.

While I agree Broyld wouldn't flourish in a TE role, I thought he was doing a nice job of blocking downfield before he got injured.
Agreed, he was better than last year for sure.

You have a guy who talks about two tight ends as a base formation and he uses the TE less than a bubble spread guy who at least had them in his base spread formation.

As for running "McDonald's" offense, if that's that case what's with the two back three wide base? It's not like that was part of McDonald's offense much at all, and yet we have seen a huge dose of that.

Trust me, McDonald has two TE sets in his playbook.

And any idea where the Diamond formation was in McDonald's offense?
you gotta have all these sets in your playbook if only to help your defense out in practice

oregon has to prepare their defense for stanford. if you get a TE who can fly that you can really use in a game, great.

Custis, and Enoicy are perfect fits for that system, Scott said they had Enoicy working inside out before his injury. You might have seen some of that, if Enoicy had been able to play at the start of the year. Parris, Moore, Enoicy, and Custis could have alternated during the games.