1260 The Score...We hardly know ye now | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

1260 The Score...We hardly know ye now

Adam Schein was my favorite, around the late 90s, early 2000s. But he left for NYC.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

He was the voice of the P bashers on the radio

Man, that's harsh. Siena is always a pretty good story. UAlbany went to the NCAA's for the second straight year. A ton of Yankees and Giants fans with some Mets, Red Sox, etc thrown in. Giants training camp was here for the last 15 years and now going back to NJ. Two pretty good college hockey programs in RPI and Union. This year is the 150th anniversary of Saratoga Race Track so he better brush up on his horse racing.

FYI, Freddie Coleman's last stop before ESPN was with an Albany radio station. Syracuse Grad Doug Sherman is sports director of Channel 6 and does a lot of basketball on TV including that one Syracuse game this year that he shared broadcast duties with Danny Kannell. Another Syracuse grad, Andrew Catalon is on one of the local TV stations and has done NFL broadcasts and a lot of Olympic TV work. No way this is a dead end job for the right person.

Can the average Albany Sports fan name the starting five for Siena, Albany? Albany is like Rochester but worse...no big time local sports teams. Syracuse might be a one trick pony...but the pony is relevant nationally.

Adam Schein was my favorite, around the late 90s, early 2000s. But he left for NYC.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Wasn't he the one that did the Hot Chick brackets every march? And wasn't he the one that always said the Womens BBall scores should always use a Pink font so we don't get confused. Great stuff.

Wasn't he the one that did the Hot Chick brackets every march? And wasn't he the one that always said the Womens BBall scores should always use a Pink font so we don't get confused. Great stuff.
I don't know if you ended your post that way intentionally, but he'd end every call-in that he enjoyed by saying "great stuff."

One of my fondest memories was shadowing Adam for one show in 2001 when I was a junior in high school doing an assignment for my journalism class. I was a huge fan of his show and was nervous as hell when my dad dropped me off at the WHEN studio. So nervous, that I left my notebook in my dad's car and wound up taking notes on the brown paper lunch bag that my mom had given me that day.

During the last commercial break, Adam noticed that I was taking notes on the bag and thought it was hilarious. He took it from me and read them on the air during the last segment. I was mortified because one of the notes I had written was "the producer continuously eats during the show." I was sitting next to said producer for the entire show, so this was awkward for me. I can't remember if it was Ty Doyle or someone else. Ty, if you read this board, maybe you can confirm or deny that.

Speaking of Ty, if you're friends with him on Facebook and read his gem status updates, then you already know that he should have been given his own show years ago.
Schein.jpg

Ryan., I graduated from JD with you. Your communication skills are much needed in the Syracuse market.
I appreciate that. And I barely made that graduation stage. If I ever have a son, he's not going to be allowed to touch alcohol or girls until he's 40.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom