12th Opponent | Syracusefan.com

12th Opponent

Chris02M

Football Schedule Maven
is our 12th opponent been confirmed as wagner?

was reading that in order for the florida state@ pittsburgh game on labor day night to get done pittsburgh and florida state both bought out there fcs teams(villanova and wofford ) and scheduled other teams. wofford is playing baylor as there replacement and i also read villanova scheduled another fbs(division 1) team to fill in for pittsburgh.

was wondering if they could be our team and not wagner as they have 9/14 available

is our 12th opponent been confirmed as wagner?

was reading that in order for the florida state@ pittsburgh game on labor day night to get done pittsburgh and florida state both bought out there fcs teams(villanova and wofford ) and scheduled other teams. wofford is playing baylor as there replacement and i also read villanova scheduled another fbs(division 1) team to fill in for pittsburgh.

was wondering if they could be our team and not wagner as they have 9/14 available
Maybe...Nova is much more desirable than Wagner as a brand name. No one has confirmed Wagner.

"the man" wouldnt divulge the opponent i take it mark?

Nova was playing Pitt in 2013, and SU in 2014.

Pay Nova to make the switch.

I hope they were able to switch Nova's schedule. It shouldn't matter to them, though I'm sure they'd want some financial consideration to make the switch.

Wait, Moontan is Jurrie? I was wondering where this moontan came from with 2000+ posts. haha

And Wagner or Nova would?! :rolleyes:

Nova offers the full 63 scholarships. They count towards bowl eligibility. Any FCS school that offers at least 90% of the 63 max counts.

Georgetown is a Patriot League team ... 15 scholarships this year.

Wagner ... only 40 schollies.

Even worse... Georgetown does not grant merit (athletic) scholarships... needs based only. It'll be interesting to see how they'll do on the field as other Patriot League schools ramp up on athletic scholarships.

from nunes magician site who had wagner article that many sites are using

John Cassillo@JohnCassillo
@
@chris02m Haven't heard anything past initial Wagner rumor, but with Nova up for grabs, I think that "could" change things now.

Nova offers the full 63 scholarships. They count towards bowl eligibility. Any FCS school that offers at least 90% of the 63 max counts.

Wagner ... only 40 schollies.
The Patriot is on a 4 year plan to increase scholarships to 60. If my math is correct then GTown and Colgate both will be counters by 2016. I hope SU schedules teams like Colgate, Georgetown, Lehigh and Bucknell as an annual home game. I'd schedule Colgate the most as they likely would be the cheapest guarantee and deliver a decent amount of visiting fans. These schools would like games at Cuse because Upstate NY is in their prime student recruiting area and the game is close.

Moontan...pretty sure GTown will meet the scholie rules the Patriot League approved.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Latest News/2012/March/Patriot League adopts football scholarship model

http://www.patriotleague.org/

from nunes magician site who had wagner article that many sites are using
Pop Nova in on Sept 14th and offer Wagner Nova's slot in 2014 (assuming they are a counter for wins in '14)

Moontan...pretty sure GTown will meet the scholie rules the Patriot League approved.
I read an interview with the Georgetown AD where he indicated that they wouldn't. Lots of concern among the G'Town faithful about the future of their program.

Why is it that the full force of the ACC isn't enough to put some pressure on one school or another to help us out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom