13-4 Upsets - 1 a year | Syracusefan.com

13-4 Upsets - 1 a year

BillJay

Scout Team
On average it happens once a year. Last year it was Michigan going down, the year before that it was Louisville. Maybe it's just hyper-sensitivity to all things Syracuse but it seems that we hear about the Vermont upset more than all the other ones combined. Other than that, the most famous 13-4 upset is probably Valpo against Ole Miss but it's famous for the coach's son makes last second shot storyline - many don't remember who the opponent was.
I'm betting that this year's 13-4 upset will occur Thursday in San Jose...when New Mexico St takes out St Louis

On average it happens once a year. Last year it was Michigan going down, the year before that it was Louisville. Maybe it's just hyper-sensitivity to all things Syracuse but it seems that we hear about the Vermont upset more than all the other ones combined. Other than that, the most famous 13-4 upset is probably Valpo against Ole Miss but it's famous for the coach's son makes last second shot storyline - many don't remember who the opponent was.
I'm betting that this year's 13-4 upset will occur Thursday in San Jose...when New Mexico St takes out St Louis
Don't want any upsets that close to San Jose.

I was always perplexed why Syracuse Vermont is considered "an upset for the ages" when that same year Kansas was a 3 seed and was upser and no one talks about it.

I was always perplexed why Syracuse Vermont is considered "an upset for the ages" when that same year Kansas was a 3 seed and was upser and no one talks about it.

Vermont was a 10-11 seed that year as they had a mid 30's RPI. We should have won but we still got boned.

i dont remember that uconn-san diego game in 2008 at all. of course cuse didnt make the tourny so i wasnt paying as much attention to it.

As far as I remember there has never been a 14-4 or 15-4 upset.

This smack is for you Montana Message Boarders. No way a team from the Great West conference should be a 13 seed!

i dont remember that uconn-san diego game in 2008 at all. of course cuse didnt make the tourny so i wasnt paying as much attention to it.

I remember it well. It was the game that I started to hate the bracket people. How can you let a bracket totally dictate who you cheer for>

I was cheering against UConn because well . My friend, part of the bracket people who never watches a game all year, who only had UConn advancing one round, and was adamantly cheering for UConn. F the bracket people.

All day, he is like I am 6-2 now or 10-3, what are you? As if;s the only thing that mattered. He had no interest in the games themselves. F this, watch the games you stupid douche. He has not been invited back.

Insert the "Get Off my Lawn" GIF.

I remember it well. It was the game that I started to hate the bracket people. How can you let a bracket totally dicrate your enjoyment of the tournament?

I was cheering against UConn because well . My friend, part of the bracket people who never watches a game all year, who only had UConn advancing one round, and was adamantly cheering for UConn. F the bracket people.

haha thats why i hardly pay attention to my bracket the first weekend. once the games start i root for upsets and could care less about my bracket.

As far as I remember there has never been a 14-4 or 15-4 upset.

This smack is for you Montana Message Boarders. No way a team from the Great West conference should be a 13 seed!
Personally I find it adorable that Montana has enough fans to warrant a message board.

I remember it well. It was the game that I started to hate the bracket people. How can you let a bracket totally dictate who you cheer for>

All day, he is like I am 6-2 now or 10-3, what are you? As if;s the only thing that mattered. He had no interest in the games themselves. F this, watch the games you stupid douche. He has not been invited back.

Insert the "Get Off my Lawn" GIF.
Ha, totally agree about the bracket people. They're insufferable during tourney time.

Apparently you haven't seen St. Louis play this year then:)

No way St Louis loses that game

Agree. NMSU isn't much. Couldn't beat the Lobos and they play a couple times a year. I'd kind of like to fade St Lou but I think you can lay the 9 if St Lou didn't play games in the 40s and 50s the spread would be the same as ours.

Oregon-OSU is a good game and will be fun to watch in the first session I think Oregon wins that one.

Anyone needs another upset to take to the bank moneyline the out of Davidson against Marquette. 3-14 matchup don't mean nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom