14-4, 9-9, 9-9, 10-8, | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

14-4, 9-9, 9-9, 10-8,

Unfortunately yes. Think we are 3-3 against them since joining ACC. Just going off memory so may not be entirely accurate. Every game has been close that i remember except at their place in 2015. Even the 14-4 team in 2014 was 1-1 against them. Barely beat them in reg season and lost to them in ACCT

Just for comparison's sake, Roy Williams is 33-4 against NCState. Sobering thought
What's our record vs. Duke since joining the ACC?

more teams

prov is a major beneficiary of not having to play us, louisville, dixon's pitt, wvu, whoConn or ND any more in league play. any given year at least 4 of those programs are better
We played PITT twice, BC twice and Wake twice - not sure SU can take the high ground on league schedule difficulty. We majorly benefit from those doubles.

Is NC State our peer?
That’s at least a more debatable comparison than friggen Providence. NCSU is playing in the ACC, made the Dance a few times, & has always been a better program than PC. So, yes...they’re closer to being our peer than PC.
In my mind making the Providence comparison is nothing more than a typical, shortsighted, knee-jerk reaction to a situation not nearly as dire as its being portrayed. It’s “what have you done for me lately” syndrome, on overdrive.

That’s at least a more debatable comparison than friggen Providence. NCSU is playing in the ACC, made the Dance a few times, & has always been a better program than PC. So, yes...they’re closer to being our peer than PC.
In my mind making the Providence comparison is nothing more than a typical, shortsighted, knee-jerk reaction to a situation not nearly as dire as its being portrayed. It’s “what have you done for me lately” syndrome, on overdrive.

Providence has beaten Nova multiple times over the past four years. They’ve beaten Xavier multiple times. They’ve beat Zona in the OOC. They are better than us.

Last edited:
Since that 12-0 conference start that inaugural season, our ACC record is 36-37...with zero ACC tournament victories...so 36-40 including same. Getting our first ACC tourney victory this year is likely no better than 50/50...this is our 5th ACC season. The overall record speaks for itself...and meets the textbook definition of mediocrity.
When we left a Big East that we ruled... Heavy was the head that wears the crown. now we don't have to worry about it. Villanova has taken our place and our identity in the northeast. Its like the Iron Sheik broke our back and made us humble...

No they haven't.

Providence has beaten Nova multiple timesaver the past four years. They’ve beaten Xavier multiple times. They’ve beat Zona in the OOC. They are better than us.

Those are definitely some checkmarks for your position and stand.

When we left a Big East that we ruled... Heavy was the head that wears the crown. now we don't have to worry about it. Villanova has taken our place and our identity in the northeast. Its like the Iron Sheik broke our back and made us humble...

Being relatively Top Dog all those years certainly made us fans feel we were an elite program, but it's certainly not the case anymore. Our new conference record the past 4 years is the epitome of mediocrity. I really don't foresee us being top dog anytime soon either, we may never carry that type of clout with us in the ACC. Hopefully, next year as many feel, we will be towards the upper half of the conference...we'll see how it plays out. The ACC $$$ is nice for sure, as it literally was a life line for our football program, but it definitely has hindered our hoops brand and stature to this point.

Probation is the white elephant in the room. All things considered it was managed as well as could be expected.

Heck when Indiana got hammered they went 28-66 in the following three years. We went to a Final Four.

Probation is the white elephant in the room. All things considered it was managed as well as could be expected.

Heck when Indiana got hammered they went 28-66 in the following three years. We went to a Final Four.

We certainly did better than Indiana, but the head man didn’t do a good job anticipating early departures of Ennis, Grant, Mali, and Lydon.

We certainly did better than Indiana, but the head man didn’t do a good job anticipating early departures of Ennis, Grant, Mali, and Lydon.

The ground moved quickly under his feet on what constitutes a good early entry. Add CMAC to that list.

Of course probation did what it was supposed to do, but I'm so sick of using this as an excuse. I mean, it's not like they pulled our name out of a hat at random...

don't cheat, or at least... don't get caught cheating... or if you do cheat and get caught... at least go buy Anthony Davis and Bagley JR to make it worthwhile.

Instead we cheated for Fab Melo.

Of course probation did what it was supposed to do, but I'm so sick of using this as an excuse. I mean, it's not like they pulled our name out of a hat at random...

don't cheat, or at least... don't get caught cheating... or if you do cheat and get caught... at least go buy Anthony Davis and Bagley JR to make it worthwhile.

Instead we cheated for Fab Melo.

Agreed but that's a different conversation. We're playing Master golf without the full compliment of clubs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom