14pts 17rebs for Roberson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

14pts 17rebs for Roberson

If TR plays like that at the 4 always, keep him there and move Mc to the 3.

This is the one thing I took most from this past game. Cmac is better suited to only post up on occasion and use his athleticism on the wings to attack in addition to utilizing his length and high arching shot to be a threat from the perimeter and maybe even some pick n pop. One thing that drives me nuts too is how often Roberson gets up the floor and provides a decent angle to be fed the ball on the break and does not get it. They looked for him more yesterday but not enough.

Orangezoo said:
This is the one thing I took most from this past game. Cmac is better suited to only post up on occasion and use his athleticism on the wings to attack in addition to utilizing his length and high arching shot to be a threat from the perimeter and maybe even some pick n pop. One thing that drives me nuts too is how often Roberson gets up the floor and provides a decent angle to be fed the ball on the break and does not get it. They looked for him more yesterday but not enough.

I like what you said, agreed and there's a few things I'd like to add onto your post.

Yeah, I saw Chris set a great pick and sit there wide open from 15 while two men surrounded our guard at least 3 times. I'm not understanding why we're not passing in that situation either, beats driving to the basket taking an off balanced layup.

I don't understand why we even attempt to set a pick, this isn't only this year, every time we do the only thing we're doing is drawing a double team to the ball. The dribbler almost never ever passes to the picker.

I like what you said, agreed and there's a few things I'd like to add onto your post.

Yeah, I saw Chris set a great pick and sit there wide open from 15 while two men surrounded our guard at least 3 times. I'm not understanding why we're not passing in that situation either, beats driving to the basket taking an off balanced layup.

I don't understand why we even attempt to set a pick, this isn't only this year, every time we do the only thing we're doing is drawing a double team to the ball. The dribbler almost never ever passes to the picker.

Good thoughts tacked on. One other thing is that although his time has been a flash in the pan, when Chino has played I love how he sets a clean hard screen at the top of the key. Haven't seen a screen set like that since Craig. It is something that drives me nuts. We do screen but the screens are half assed and guys are not setting their feet , planting and then cutting or spotting up. Instead its a soft step into the defenders path followed by a little bounce off the defender and then cut that lacks effort. I do see some working harder like Mike G and Cooney.

We need all of the big three to play consistently down low. For me this is the key...if he can clean the glass and convert on the offensive end AND if Chrismstarts playing stronger we'll be a force to reckon with. This won't be easy, but it's definitely doable...

Bottom line: we need more production from the small forward position. Through 9 games, we've maybe had 2 solid performances--one from Gbinije, one from Roberson last game.

Yes, he also made some mistakes--but the benchmark shouldn't be perfection. Roberson is still getting his sea legs in terms of PT, so I expect his judgement to improve [I'm thinking specifically about the spin move in traffic he's tried ineffectually a few times, as well as fouling the three point shooter].

But there was nothing deceptive about 17 rebounds. That's an impressive number. The question in my mind is: can he build upon a performance like this? Not that he's going to necessarily get 16 / 17 again, but now that the lid's off the basket, can he just settle down and go out there and play?

Because we need production from the 3.

For this team to see continued success it needs one of BJ or Tyler to step up this year and be a factor both offensively and defensively. I was very impressed with Tyler's high energy level, he reminded me a little of Keta this last game. The one thing to keep in mind was that La Tech has been getting murdered on the glass all year, its by far and away their teams biggest weakness so dont read too much into his numbers just yet. I would very much like to see another game like this rebounding wise out of Tyler against some solid competition. Im hoping La Tech acts as a spring board to building his confidence and him finding his role, but only time will tell.

dont get too excited. people here also thought we had a "good" loss vs Michigan. Turns out, it was a terrible loss to a floundering team.
We are going to make alot of teams look like Tourney teams this year i fear.

lets hope Cornell isnt the next nail biter vs a team we would normally throttle.
I think they'll make it. 3 returning all conference players

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom