15% of Clemson players tested test positive for PED's | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

15% of Clemson players tested test positive for PED's

All this tells me is that 85% of the Clemson players did whatever masking protocol they were supposed to do, properly.

As for weed, the only "performance" that "enhances" is the ability to mow a whole bag of Doritos in one go. :cool:

Or so I am told... ;)

I have a tough time getting too upset about this. Either these kids got caught doing something intentionally that is absolutely rampant in the sport at the professional and NCAA levels, or they were taking a supplement which had it as an unlisted ingredient, which is also rampant in that industry.

More absurdity from the establishments regarding weed. I swear these right wingers don't really look at science.
The college sports establishment is left wing; from academia to sports media and their attorneys. The quoted reg. sounds like it comes straight from a scientific report. Not all science is created equally.

The college sports establishment is left wing; from academia to sports media and their attorneys. The quoted reg. sounds like it comes straight from a scientific report. Not all science is created equally.
I'd like to edit your last sentence.

'Not all "science". . .'

The World Anti Doping Agency has these rules. The NCAA just adopts them.
That doesn't change the absurdity of the supposition of weed as a performance enhancing drug. I mean, caffeine improves mental focus. Hops improves muscle relaxation and recovery. There are a lot of other substances that are legal under WADA that can provide the same benefits. Do people really think that WADA is truly independent and impartial?

I was referring to WADA, not NCAA.
Btw, I'm not a cannabis user. I just find the stigmas attached to it are ridiculous and the fact that it is not legal is farcical and politically motivated.
But, I don't want to hijack this thread any further, so I'll let it go.

The OP is misleading.

There were 3 positives, but we do not know the number tested other than it was fewer than 20. Could be
3/15, or 3/10 (or 3/3!). And, as they did not test the whole squad, we have absolutely no idea how widespread the situation. Once Lawrence came up positive, they may have decided to suspend testing.

Post and Courier with a masterful clickbait article...
Yes. The headline is misleading... Anything is possible so... They printed it. Funny, though. Even if not true.

Made me think of this series of sketch comedy:

Last edited:
I smoked weed before a football game in high school. It wasn't my worst game ever but my performance was definitely not enhanced lol. I was paranoid I was going to do something very dumb pretty much every play during the first half. I wanted to take a nap at halftime.