16 years ago today | Syracusefan.com

16 years ago today

Got out of work early, and went to watch this game at the Winking Lizard in Lakewood, Ohio. Bar was within walking distance of where I lived, so it was a fun day.

Got nervous with Araujo going off, but GMac more than countered. All in all, a terrific day of watching NCAA hoops, with a seemingly unlimited supply of Labatt Blue Light on tap.

Fun memory. I was in Buffalo watching the tournament in the hall. I think the halls around the TVs had more people than in the arena watching St. Joe’s game.

I skipped class to watch what turned out to be one of my favorite games ever.

I was in East Bumble F Brazil working that tournament. I was trying to find cell single with those craptastic Nokia phones of the day to hassle my girlfriend, an SU student, for the scores.

Nothing like searching for cell phone single half loaded on the back roads of the Amazon. Good times.

So pretty. It sure was nice when GMac had room to operate his first two years. If only Billy never disappeared. I know he was already gone here, but once Hak, and Pace were done, he had no one to take the heat off him.

I was there, and was having a ball. Even BYU fans started liking me after all the smart ass stuff I was saying. It was all in good humor and fun.

9398A99F-0B39-408B-8B9A-6A32F0D27FDC.jpeg

I was in Vegas at mgm. All my friends put money on the game and were rooting along. Every time Gerry brought the ball over half court my buddy would scream shoot it from there Gerry.

I was in Daytona Beach for spring break, watching whatever game they were showing and waiting for the occasional update or live look-in/highlights.

I remember listening to the second half of the Maryland game on the radio while driving back to school from the airport. Missed that whole sweet 16 run.

I was bombarded with memories of 15 years ago yesterday.

Ill leave it at that.

BYU came out hot from three. the entire team was hitting them. Our only guy scoring was GMAC but he matched them, three for three until one by one the Cougars started to missed them. GMAC kept going.

If he hadn't had that game, we'd have followed up the national championship with three straight one-and-dones, (followed by two straight NITs).

Last edited:
BYU came out hot from three. the entire team was hitting them. Our only guy scoring was GMAC but he matched them, three for three until one by one the Cougars started to missed them. GMAC kept going.

If he hadn't had that game, we'd have followed up the nationals championship with three straight one-and-dones, (followed by two straight NITs).
What did we do when BYU couldn’t miss?
What adjustment?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom