$17MM vs $190MM | Syracusefan.com

$17MM vs $190MM

Another word I'd use to describe it is inappropriate. I'm a big sports fan, but the crazy sums of money being spent in the facilities war in college athletics right now is obscene. There are people dying of starvation all over the world, but everyone needs to try and have the nicest newest coolest stuff in an attempt to convince 18 year old kids to play football or basketball for them. And what's worse is that so many of these schools are taking on debt to do it. Ok, I'll get off of my soapbox now.

State school vs private school is a huge difference. The alumni numbers are lopsided, and you know damn well that the state of Minnesota will be ponying up with a big part of this.

Give me a new IPF and I am happy.
small-check-mark.jpeg

I agree it's a lot but it's not a good comparison since the $190M encompasses a much broader scope. Syracuse's $17M IPF is very competitive with other large schools. e.g Clemson just built their 80,000-square-foot for "only" $10-million. Cheapskates.

Guess we decided to go cheaper on the IPF since we also spent 10 million on 3 new video boards, installed new ribbon boards(not sure cost), and spent 7 million on a new sound system. Also we are currently resurfacing the baseball field for 850k and building new player area and lobby for around 5 million. Our AD also announced that two plans will be shown to BOT this month for our basketball facility. One will be a totally new place the other is renovating the current place. Seems people are leaning towards building a totally new arena.

I think we did good for the money on our IPF. You can check it out and our other facilities as well a a few game day shots(tiger walk, the hill, etc.)with the drop down menu in the corner.

http://earlycommit1.com/clemson360/vtour-fb/tour.html

Guess we decided to go cheaper on the IPF since we also spent 10 million on 3 new video boards, installed new ribbon boards(not sure cost), and spent 7 million on a new sound system. Also we are currently resurfacing the baseball field for 850k and building new player area and lobby for around 5 million. Our AD also announced that two plans will be shown to BOT this month for our basketball facility. One will be a totally new place the other is renovating the current place. Seems people are leaning towards building a totally new arena.

I think we did good for the money on our IPF. You can check it out and our other facilities as well a a few game day shots(tiger walk, the hill, etc.)with the drop down menu in the corner.

http://earlycommit1.com/clemson360/vtour-fb/tour.html
I was being sarcastic trying to show SU spent a very substantial and competitive sum on their IPF. Your IPF looks great. For some reason, lots of complainers that SU didn't spend enough or 65 (or is it 79?) feet is not high enough, etc.

State school vs private school is a huge difference. The alumni numbers are lopsided, and you know damn well that the state of Minnesota will be ponying up with a big part of this.

Give me a new IPF and I am happy.
small-check-mark.jpeg
All that public pension money they are saving. Or is that Wisconsin? Minnesota . . . . Wisconsin . . . . same place?

How much of that $190 mil did Minnesota actually have vs how much they're buying on credit?

I was being sarcastic trying to show SU spent a very substantial and competitive sum on their IPF. Your IPF looks great. For some reason, lots of complainers that SU didn't spend enough or 65 (or is it 79?) feet is not high enough, etc.

Oh I wasn't taking a shot at your comment. My going cheap comment was a failed attempt at humor. I think we did a great job with ours as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom