18 game season. we're 0-0 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

18 game season. we're 0-0

last march we were swimming like mad just to stay on top of the bubble. this new year (not even yet) we'll have to swim like mad to burst out of it .

Preliminary Tourney Forecast - based on projected resumes on this site.

The main objective of this assessment is to identify what a bubble resume is looking like right now. Some of the teams that I have "in", just means if they end up with that projected resume they are clearly in.

RPI Forecast

Field of 68

23 - One Bid Conferences
31 - Teams From Multi Bid Conferences that are in RPI Top 50 and Clearly in

That Leaves 14 spots for the following (Projected RPI in bracket). Let's say it is 11 spots for the following because there could be 3 bubble busters. You have to pick 11 of the following 19 from the projected resumes.

32 - Dayton
41 - Wake Forest
45 - VCU
46 - Houston
47 - Northwestern
48 - Michigan St
49 - Davidson
50 - Maryland
Texas AM
Cal
Pitt
Ohio St
Temple
Marquette
Seton Hall
Georgetown
Virginia Tech
NC St
Texas Tech

Those projected resumes are not strong (or better yet just the current norm), and most of those teams had modest OOC. I am not sure why a 19-12 record, 11-7 ACC record, with an RPI of 64, and say a 5-8 top 50 record, would not be in the discussion for one of those 11 spots.

The issue once again is getting to 11-7.

Let's get real. 5-13 is much more likely than is 13-5 based upon how the team has played so far this season.

The only issue that matters is whether or not these guys can get it together and get to another level on both O & D. It starts with BC, though not a particularly good opponent, we need to at least get a solid victory against somebody who can push back at least a little bit. Improvement won't happen all at once, but we just have to see these guys improve step by step and game by game in O, D, effort, and attitude. If that can be accomplished the record will take care of itself.

whats gonna get it done, 12-6? 13-5?

im a dolphins fan and at 1-4 i was thinking lets go 1-15 and get the #1 pick. now we're in the playoffs.

1 game at a time. its all about boston college.

was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor??

I'm more worried about 8-10. Going 8-10 in conference they'll end up at 16-15 and can still go one and done in ACC tourney at finish exactly .500 and keep the 48 year non losing season streak alive. Anything beyond 8-10 is gravy to me.

Last edited:
I think we should follow the Virginia model of 2013-14. Granted they lost one less conference game, but they finished 16-2 in the ACC.

Did they lose to teams as bad as Uconn and St Johns?

to escape being on the bubble, we would need to go 12-6.
where are you people getting this number?

edit: my bad, after rereading I see you noted "escape the bubble" so then, yeah I suppose it would take at least 12-6 or so to achieve "safely in" status

Last edited:
Even if we got 2 of our 4 unexpected losses off the books,or even 3 - we would still need to get 11 wins in the ACC. Personally I don't see us coming close to that but our pre-conference schedule wasn't getting us in even if we were 12-1.

I'll continue to watch every game, but after the OOC play, I'm honestly not going to concern myself with any thoughts of what would put us in the tournament.

The next 5 games should be very telling. BC twice Miami and Pitt at home and VaTech on the road. Can we improve? If we beat BC convincingly can it give the team enough confidence to beat Miami? and Pitt? Can we stay in the game on the road at VaTech? Can we compete in all these games win or lose?

I thought the guys were really trying to work on the defense against Cornell. That needs to continue. I liked running the offense through Lydon and TT. I still think our guard play may be too far behind the times to beat good teams. I hope its good enough to get us wins against BC, Miami, Pitt before hitting the road to play VaTech. The only way I see this squad winning that game is if we win the three before it and build confidence.

The next 5 games should be very telling. BC twice Miami and Pitt at home and VaTech on the road. Can we improve? If we beat BC convincingly can it give the team enough confidence to beat Miami? and Pitt? Can we stay in the game on the road at VaTech? Can we compete in all these games win or lose?

I thought the guys were really trying to work on the defense against Cornell. That needs to continue. I liked running the offense through Lydon and TT. I still think our guard play may be too far behind the times to beat good teams. I hope its good enough to get us wins against BC, Miami, Pitt before hitting the road to play VaTech. The only way I see this squad winning that game is if we win the three before it and build confidence.
yeah, and I had @ vTech penciled as a loss even before the SC game when pretty much all of us still had SU as a legit contender

yeah, and I had @ vTech penciled as a loss even before the SC game when pretty much all of us still had SU as a legit contender

Same. I think V.Tech is going to beat Duke tomorrow. They are excellent on offense.

upload_2016-12-30_13-2-38.png

No open looks to the shooters and we win by 25-30 points

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom