19 straight points by the Celtics! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

19 straight points by the Celtics!

I get what you're trying to say, but where does ignorance come into this equation? I'm very much aware of the Knick's dominant play in half the games of this series and for large (majority) portions of the other games.

You lost 2 games and nearly gave up a 26 point lead to an average and aging basketball team. If you want to rationalize it that Is fine. From a character standpoint this team has not been impressive recently. If you don't think you are rationalizing consider that Any time you don't look at a loss as just a loss you are fooling yourself.

Wouldn't say the Knicks have no heart. They were able to right the ship.

I have no idea what was up with the playcalling down the stretch. Just iso after Iso for melo with no one else even touching the ball.

The Knicks should be favored to beat Indy, though I wouldn't be surprised at all if they lost to them. Probably like a 55/45 series or something. I would be very surprised if they got by Miami.

You lost 2 games and nearly gave up a 26 point lead to an average and aging basketball team. If you want to rationalize it that Is fine. From a character standpoint this team has not been impressive recently. If you don't think you are rationalizing consider that Any time you don't look at a loss as just a loss you are fooling yourself.

So your saying I'm not fooling myself. Thanks? Any time you pretend to know the character of a team based on limited viewing or pretend to know the impact of said character on the outcome of the game, you're a fool ;)

a win is a win, whine all you want

So your saying I'm not fooling myself. Thanks? Any time you pretend to know the character of a team based on limited viewing or pretend to know the impact of said character on the outcome of the game, you're a fool ;)

I guess I am wrong about the character makeup of the team. I will look forward to it playing out to prove me wrong

Well deserved win by the Knicks - they were the better team. I almost learned a valuable lesson...I left with 10 minutes to go and the C's down 24. My rationale was 'well no team has ever come back from 24 down with 10 minutes to go". Plus, I have an extremely pregnant wife at home.

It has been a pleasure to watch my C's these last several years. They always gave it all they had. I do wish we'd managed to get that 2nd title, but once KG got hurt he was never quite the same (though for an old man he is still pretty good - put him on the Knicks and you have a real contender), and a few bad breaks in 2010 with Perk going down in Game 6 of the finals. But still, a title and a lot of other very memorable wins. From a fan's standpoint you can't ask for much more than that.

Plus, now I can root for Melo again.

a win is a win, whine all you want

Not sure I am whining, I didn't really have a dog in ths fight. Just think some of the excitement over this win is misguided. I understand the point is to win the series and that goal was accomplished but there wre some serious flaws out there. Definitely will need to play better in the next round.

Not sure I am whining, I didn't really have a dog in ths fight. Just think some of the excitement over this win is misguided. I understand the point is to win the series and that goal was accomplished but there wre some serious flaws out there. Definitely will need to play better in the next round.

Knicks haven't won a playoff round in 13 years. Yeah they nearly blew a 26 point lead, but that also means that they got a 26 point lead in the first place, which is pretty good, and they closed the series out on the road.

Are they perfect? Of course not. But as a Knick fan, I'm pretty happy

Knicks haven't won a playoff round in 13 years. Yeah they nearly blew a 26 point lead, but that also means that they got a 26 point lead in the first place, which is pretty good, and they closed the series out on the road.

Are they perfect? Of course not. But as a Knick fan, it's hard to not be happy tonight

I hear you brother

Knicks411 I'm with you. Any true Knick fan is happy tonight as we beat the hated Celtics. The knicks aren't perfect and they have warts but they are the first knicks team to win a series in 13 years. Also glad to see Melo get a series win. I think it is about 50/50 in the next series and about 20/80 versus the heat. So you're saying there's a chance in my best Jim Carey voice.

got a little bit of help

Do you have nightmares about zebras or checkered flags?

If you didn't pick up on it, I'm making a reference to you makin a reference about officiating. Shocking!!! :)

Do you have nightmares about zebras or checkered flags?

If you didn't pick up on it, I'm making a reference to you makin a reference about officiating. Shocking!!! :)
They're all failures. inconsistency and to many mistakes. Most sports you can overcome. This sport it effects the most.

That was a wild almost comeback. The steals were crazy. It was like the Knicks were sleeping on their feet. Seriously NYers should be more aware of getting their pockets picked!
As someone pointed out, they had a 26 point lead. Every time Boston tried to come back the Knicks pulled back away. Also, even though they lost on Sunday, they were down by 20 at halftime, and came back to lose a close game. I don't know where their focus went tonight, but they got it back just in time.

Well deserved win by the Knicks - they were the better team. I almost learned a valuable lesson...I left with 10 minutes to go and the C's down 24. My rationale was 'well no team has ever come back from 24 down with 10 minutes to go". Plus, I have an extremely pregnant wife at home.

It has been a pleasure to watch my C's these last several years. They always gave it all they had. I do wish we'd managed to get that 2nd title, but once KG got hurt he was never quite the same (though for an old man he is still pretty good - put him on the Knicks and you have a real contender), and a few bad breaks in 2010 with Perk going down in Game 6 of the finals. But still, a title and a lot of other very memorable wins. From a fan's standpoint you can't ask for much more than that.

Plus, now I can root for Melo again.
The Celts biggest problem was Pierce. He was like a cancer for that team. There were a few games that they would get a decent lead and he would try jacking up a 3 or turn it over. Last night was a great example. The beginning of the game how many bad shots did he take/miss. One of the reason's Boston got into a deep hole. I think it's time for him to retire or move on as he's past his prime.

As a big Celtics fan for many years, I'm disappointed to see them lose, but I congratulate the Knicks. No sour grapes. Celts just didn't have the firepower this series.

And congrats to all you Knicks fans, but no need to spew hatred on Celtics though by a few of you. Be classy. And as far as KG goes...you'd think differently if he had been a Knick these last several years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom