1987 WVU game on TWC right now | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

1987 WVU game on TWC right now

Jesus...it looks like a cardigan sweater convention in the stands.

Jesus...it looks like a cardigan sweater convention in the stands.
Yeah it's amazing that no one wore Orange to games back then. Remarkable. It's like it started after the '03 title.

After this game a certain former poster stormed the field and decided to tackle Otto the orange which he realized after the fact was actually a female.

Wow. Drypolcher was such a wuss!!! He's yelling "kick it kick it". Dale you're killing me!

Edit: ha! he just said "I apologize for saying 'kick it'

That so could have ended poorly as the fans were on the field as the last play was happening. Glad to have been a part of that!

Now, all we need to do is beat Auburn and the national title is ours!

Serious question. In this day and age do the refs go back and penalize cuse due to fans on the field during the hail mary? That was crazy

Ahhhh the memories. Got there at halftime after doing 90mph back from Springfield and the SU-UNC basketball game.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I rushed the field to congratute my cousin who was on the team at the time. Not the first one on the field, but awfully close.

I rushed the field to congratute my cousin who was on the team at the time. Not the first one on the field, but awfully close.

I too was on the field. Not right away but I was there.

Ah the irony in that post...
interesting, and in reflection scary, story about that sick SOB. About a year before he killed his wife he was here in the Cuse probably for a game.

Saw him out at a club later that night when I was out with my now wife and friends. Gave the requisite props and thanks for a the good memories here, career and CFL stint (I'd honestly forgotten his time in the NFL). Well he appeared to take umbrage at my faulty memory and with the way it went so he proceeded to turn into Mr. tough guy and started saying innapropriate things to the Mrs. right in front of me probably thinking I was some sort of sycophantic fan, this in an obvious but pathetic attempt to pick her up that left her speechless but me not so much.

Got in his face and was ready to go when his friends pulled him back convincing him it wasn't worth it and they bolted out of there. Pathetic bar stuff to be sure but being younger and in better shape wittnessing such a personal affront there really wasn't any other choice. Anyway realized, shockingly, what a narcississtic POS he was and was not surprised when I heard later what he did to his poor wife.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Kane

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2004/11/05/tommykane041105.html

Now, all we need to do is beat Auburn and the national title is ours!

unfortunately Miami and OU were undefeated, ranked 1,2 and and playing in the Orange Bowl. Even with a Sugar Bowl win SU had no shot at the national title.

Drove through a snowstorm 2 plus hours to get to the game with the misses and a freshly minted baby. Put them up in a hotel and rushed to campus to scalp a ticket. Sat right in the middle of the WV section! It was Awesome!!!

unfortunately Miami and OU were undefeated, ranked 1,2 and and playing in the Orange Bowl. Even with a Sugar Bowl win SU had no shot at the national title.

They could have tied. ;)

At the end of the regular season:
1. Miami (11-0)
2. Oklahoma (11-0)
3. Florida State (10-1) Lost to Miami.
4. Syracuse (11-0)
5. Nebraska (10-1) Lost to Oklahoma.
6. Auburn (9-1-1) Lost to FSU and tied Tennessee.

Miami beat Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl, and FSU beat Nebraska in the Fiesta Bowl.

An SU win would have jumped us over Oklahoma, but we still would have been behind Miami and FSU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom