2 LSU players involved in fatal shooting. | Syracusefan.com

2 LSU players involved in fatal shooting.

Wow... Good for them. If they didn't have a firearm on them we could have lost two young athletes.

I may have misread the article, but I didn’t read that the gun was legally owned by the players.

More importantly, I’m very curious as to the “selling of an electronic item”. There’s most likely a lot more to this story.

I may have misread the article, but I didn’t read that the gun was legally owned by the players.

More importantly, I’m very curious as to the “selling of an electronic item”. There’s most likely a lot more to this story.
Obviously i don't know a single thing about law but i assumed there would be some sort of charge or they would be held if the gun was illegal. Also sites like craigslist and facebook exist to meet and sell things. I generally give the benefit of the doubt though.

If it was an illegal gun they would have charges brought against them for Criminal Possession of a Weapon but they weren't. Besides it's Lousiana... you don't need a pistol permit. Any other state and this could have ended much worse...

do you really think the police would charge the victims of an attempted armed robbery, who in self defense - possibly saving their own lives - used a gun they did not have a license for? And who, after the shooting, called the police and stuck around, rather than running off? And to top it all off, these victims were LSU football players?

There's a difference between the real world and the hypothetical. Sure, hypothetically when a law is broken the police make arrests and the prosecutors bring charges. In the real world, discretion is a major factor in making arrests/bringing charges. I'd be absolutely stunned if the police sought any arrest/charges in this scenario, regardless of whether the gun was legal or not.

If it was an illegal gun they would have charges brought against them for Criminal Possession of a Weapon but they weren't. Besides it's Lousiana... you don't need a pistol permit. Any other state and this could have ended much worse...
The articles I read did not indicate that any weapons had been verified as legal (or illegal). We'll see...

do you really think the police would charge the victims of an attempted armed robbery, who in self defense - possibly saving their own lives - used a gun they did not have a license for? And who, after the shooting, called the police and stuck around, rather than running off? And to top it all off, these victims were LSU football players?

There's a difference between the real world and the hypothetical. Sure, hypothetically when a law is broken the police make arrests and the prosecutors bring charges. In the real world, discretion is a major factor in making arrests/bringing charges. I'd be absolutely stunned if the police sought any arrest/charges in this scenario, regardless of whether the gun was legal or not.

Absolutely they would. It happens all the time. The two big factors were they are LSU players and their state/municipality luckily supports an individual’s right to self protection with a firearm.

Absolutely they would. It happens all the time. The two big factors were they are LSU players and their state/municipality luckily supports an individual’s right to self protection with a firearm.
Much agreed.. If this was NY downstate they would be charged. I have no doubt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom