2 of top 3 WR in catches in the country | Syracusefan.com

2 of top 3 WR in catches in the country

Millhouse

Living Legend
I wonder what the national rank of the second most prolific SU WR for each season is

in 2005, our 2nd WR was 345th in the country

in 2001, we had no one in the top 390

we need a time machine to run this offense with the skill players we once had

Mo Jackson would have KILLED in this offense. As it was, he had 50 career catches. Amazing.

Add Quinton Spotwood to that list.

The pipeline of skill position players we have coming in is huge. Not to mention the freshmen already here getting stronger.

Can't wait to see this offense fully staffed.

ish 56, irv 52 this year

taj smith 56 in his career here
jim turner 50
mo jackson 50
deon maddox 47

malik campbell 59
woodcock 62
tommy kane 63
I'm surprised Malik Campbell had that many.

Our record book is going to get destroyed.

I'm surprised Malik Campbell had that many.

Our record book is going to get destroyed.

Never in a million years would I have believed that Malik Campbell had more catches than Maddox and Turner. Never.

I know that's not in the intended takeaway here, but that's what I've got.

Never in a million years would I have believed that Malik Campbell had more catches than Maddox and Turner. Never.

I know that's not in the intended takeaway here, but that's what I've got.
Turner had better guys in front of him most of his career. Great deep threat though.

Marvin Harrison College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Marvin Harrison had 36 catches in 11 game sin 19994. I remember P-D being asked about that and they responded by praising him for his team spirit in getting out there and blocking for the option. We attempted 189 passes that year, 17 per game. They only major teams in the country that passed less were Rice and the service academies, all of which were running the wishbone.

ish 56, irv 52 this year

taj smith 56 in his career here
jim turner 50
mo jackson 50
deon maddox 47

malik campbell 59
woodcock 62
tommy kane 63

It is crazy to think that a 4-star recruit like Jim Turner only had 50 catches, and made a bigger impact as a kick returner than as a receiver.

Quite a testimony to the talent we had back then that he was a depth guy for the majority of his career behind even better wideouts.

Marvin Harrison had 36 catches in 11 game sin 19994. I remember P-D being asked about that and they responded by praising him for his team spirit in getting out there and blocking for the option. We attempted 189 passes that year, 17 per game. They only major teams in the country that passed less were Rice and the service academies, all of which were running the wishbone.
Don't shoot the messenger, but that's a waste of talent.

It might have had something to do with Kevin Mason being the QB.

The following year he was tied for 35th in the country with 56 catches, 2nd in yds per catch, and 9th in total yards, in a run heavy offense.

The following year he was tied for 35th in the country with 56 catches, 2nd in yds per catch, and 9th in total yards, in a run heavy offense.

Marvin and the Orange had a pretty good Gator Bowl his senior year.

His college career got him drafted pretty high and led to a Hall of Fame induction.

I'll take that over a time machine.

1 less regular season game back then, heavy run and downfield passing combo. Two good TE targets and another senior WR starting. 56 catches was a lot at that time.

I have no complaints with the 95 season (well, I wish we hadn't lost to ECU). But by season's end, I think that was one of our best all around teams. Culminating with a completely dominating 41-0 victory over the same school we play Friday.

The youngsters probably think it wasn't real life.

The pipeline of skill position players we have coming in is huge.
Pipeline? Hendrix is nice but Let’s not get carried away.

we've got 2 on the belikinoff list (kommy oakland wr ) and clemson only has one (cain). GAME OVER !

Those stats are unreal. As a kid I remember thinking Marvin Harrison caught everything thrown his way. Maybe it was more he just didn't have all that many passes thrown his way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom