2 Plays Decided Game & Jesse's Horrific Charge | Syracusefan.com

2 Plays Decided Game & Jesse's Horrific Charge

FutureCuse

Walk On
Obviously there were many contributing factors, like the numerous missed free throws, but I feel like these two plays decided the game- one was unfortunate, and the other was a slow motion train wreck that is all on the coach.

Down 59-58 and Taylor is unable to secure a defensive rebound where Vander Plas missed a layup, gets his own rebound and kicks it out for a Clark 3. Then there was the inexplicable Edwards charge at 64-62 which was unbelievable to watch. I kid you not, as I sat in my seat in section 108, the entire Dome was screaming Noooooooo!!! Everybody and their brother did not want Jesse to try a move or take the shot here, but what does he do? The dumbest thing ever, puts his head and shoulder down and bulldozes his defender for the charge. Game over right there. You could feel the anger and frustration from the entire crowd as we saw another win slip away because of stupidity and poor decisions. Jesse 12-15 feet from the hoop is NOT an offensive option!

The videos below honestly characterize the collective and audible slow motion "Noooooooo" that emanated from the crowd and what we were all feeling as Jesse snagged the ball and began to make his offensive move and destroy our chances at 64-62.

And one more. Yep this is what the entire Dome crowd felt and said as Jesse sized up his defender and made his move to the cup. Please contribute more of these videos as I continue to try and understand what the heck happened.

He should have just turned, faked a drive and popped off a jumper.

He went into no man's land under the basket numerous times last night. Really hard to watch. We really need a proper big man development program. Fly in Hakeem Olajuwon if you have to.

He should have just turned, faked a drive and popped off a jumper.

He went into no man's land under the basket numerous times last night. Really hard to watch. We really need a proper big man development program. Fly in Hakeem Olajuwon if you have to.
Totally agree. I was on TV and shown by ESPN in total frustration and exasperation. It was an unbelievable moment lol.

Jesse’s a supporting character. Why we force the ball to him while he’s doubled is just mind numbingly brainless. Our mid range game was killing virginia. But no, force it to Jesse.

At least half the board isn’t whining that his defender was moving and it should be a blocking foul bla bla bla

I don’t remember exactly when this happened, but I think it was in the final 4 minutes. Anyway, it looked like the mustachioed white dude on Virginia was oob and touched a loose ball before establishing himself inbounds. They ended up scoring on that play.

Did anybody else see this?

Oh and the foul on Mintz on that fastbreak alley-oop was egregious. Mintz was just standing there.

I don’t remember exactly when this happened, but I think it was in the final 4 minutes. Anyway, it looked like the mustachioed white dude on Virginia was oob and touched a loose ball before establishing himself inbounds. They ended up scoring on that play.

Did anybody else see this?

Oh and the foul on Mintz on that fastbreak alley-oop was egregious. Mintz was just standing there.
I thought the same thing. However, ESPN showed a fairly close-up slo mo replay of that. Vander Plas came down OOB, no question. He stepped back onto the court with his hands by his sides, using his body to screen out anyone from the lane from trying to get the ball. Once he had both feet in-bounds, he then grabbed the ball and passed to Clark at the top of the key. The sideline ref was looking right at him.

I thought the same thing. However, ESPN showed a fairly close-up slo mo replay of that. Vander Plas came down OOB, no question. He stepped back onto the court with his hands by his sides, using his body to screen out anyone from the lane from trying to get the ball. Once he had both feet in-bounds, he then grabbed the ball and passed to Clark at the top of the key. The sideline ref was looking right at him.

That makes sense. My view was screened by all the bodies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom