2 Pt conversion play | Syracusefan.com

2 Pt conversion play

JoeSU

All American
I went back to look at the play, and a couple of things stood out. Maybe someone can help fill-in the blanks here:

- At the time I was annoyed with the call, but after review, the WRs on the left may not have been set for a full "1 Mississippi". I suspect Dungey was trying to snap the ball before WVA adjusted to the weird formation or called a TO. Still, it seemed like a ticky-tacky call.

- It appeared that an OL was part of the trips left, but I wasn't able to read his number on the replay.

- At also appeared that the RT sliiped off the line and was the wide-open intended receiver. Could this have been Heckel wearing an eleigible numer (#96) like on the Howard run? Or was it Pierce lined-up at RT?

Regarding the OL guy - I think it was the left tackle because he was huge and guards usually aren’t as tall.

If they were gonna call that late hit on Adams. They needed to call the late hit on Dungey. He clearly threw him to the ground well after the whistle. Very inconsistent on the refs part.

And all but one of the players were set. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we allowed one player in motion at the snap.

If they were gonna call that late hit on Adams. They needed to call the late hit on Dungey. He clearly threw him to the ground well after the whistle. Very inconsistent on the refs part.

And all but one of the players were set. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we allowed one player in motion at the snap.
Depends. Proviso - this is just a statement of the rule and not an evaluation of that play. It must be a back that’s moving, and he must be moving laterally or backwards. Movement toward the line at the snap is always a penalty, no matter how many players are involved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom