2 QB System? | Syracusefan.com

2 QB System?

Forgot who said it but I believe it's very true - "if you have 2 qb's, you really have none"

This is not a good sign
Why? Shafer hasn't seen the kids practice yet since last year. He isn't allowed to watch them practice. So he's saying that it's an open job and there is a chance that anyone can get on the field. Talk about reading into a quote.

Not a Broyld mention in sight.
Oh really?

“We want to try to develop each guy and try to find the guy that can do it all, but at the end of the day we have some talented kids that can line up behind the center and do different things. Whether it be a starting quarterback that’s strong at 70-80 percent of the things you want to do, and then you find another kid that can go in and run wildcat situations and maybe there’s a third kid listed at a different position who can go in and do those things. More than anything the goal is to have a win-system quarterback approach.”

Oh really?

“We want to try to develop each guy and try to find the guy that can do it all, but at the end of the day we have some talented kids that can line up behind the center and do different things. Whether it be a starting quarterback that’s strong at 70-80 percent of the things you want to do, and then you find another kid that can go in and run wildcat situations and maybe there’s a third kid listed at a different position who can go in and do those things. More than anything the goal is to have a win-system quarterback approach.”
He could have been talking about Louie Addazio. :D

Not to mention this is taken right from the Nunes Magician podcast interview...

Why? Shafer hasn't seen the kids practice yet since last year. He isn't allowed to watch them practice. So he's saying that it's an open job and there is a chance that anyone can get on the field. Talk about reading into a quote.
I think you should go back and retread the article - especially the title.

This isn't about him having an open competition, which we all know it is, it's about him contemplating using a 2 qb's system.

People need to calm down, What. If you have a qb that comes in and runs a specific running package, etc then sure its a 2 qb system. In addition, with statements like this you also keep the kids head into it for the entire spring and fall. I am not a huge fan of a legit two qb system but at this point lets give it some time. ing maddening that people would be at the edge of the cliff already the first day of spring practice

Forgot who said it but I believe it's very true - "if you have 2 qb's, you really have none"

This is not a good sign

Not necessarily. It's been done in the recent past: remember Nassib running the wildcat when Paulus was the QB #1 during Marrone's first year. It wasn't a game-breaker but was moderately successful all the same. Now you have potential back-ups with better legs and moves with a much better O-line, so why not?

Not necessarily. It's been done in the recent past: remember Nassib running the wildcat when Paulus was the QB #1 during Marrone's first year. It wasn't a game-breaker but was moderately successful all the same. Now you have potential back-ups with better legs and moves with a much better O-line, so why not?

It's fine for now going into the season, lets see how it goes.. Yes that could be considered a two qb system as well and I didn't see it as a huge detriment

what better way to create extra competition than to tell the kids they have a better chance to see the field.

I think you should go back and retread the article - especially the title.

This isn't about him having an open competition, which we all know it is, it's about him contemplating using a 2 qb's system.
I read the article... and listened to the podcast... and read the other interview.

It's quite clear he doesn't know what's going to happen yet and he wants to let it play out, and if we have two kids good enough to see the field then both will. But he's not saying cut and dry we will use two QB's no matter what.

I read the article... and listened to the podcast... and read the other interview.

It's quite clear he doesn't know what's going to happen yet and he wants to let it play out, and if we have two kids good enough to see the field then both will. But he's not saying cut and dry we will use two QB's no matter what.
To take it a step further...I think he means that if we have two kids good enough that possess different skills then maybe both see the field.

Because Loeb and Nassib were/are very similar QB's there would have been very little gained to play both. But if you want to add a running package, maybe the staff takes a long look at Kinder or Hunt getting some time.

Two Qb system in college is something the works more now than it did in the past.

I think where it runs into trouble is when it's scripted that on third series this Qb will run these plays. It can't be scripted, it's gotta be more the feel and situation of the game.

Also feel keeping multiple young men involved in the competition process is a advantage. Plus who's to say he is not keeping PSU guessing and forcing them to prepare for multpile QBs instead of the sole presumed style of Loeb that is reported to be similar to Nassib.

Also feel keeping multiple young men involved in the competition process is a advantage. Plus who's to say he is not keeping PSU guessing and forcing them to prepare for multpile QBs instead of the sole presumed style of Loeb that is reported to be similar to Nassib.

Excellent point!

This is not a good sign
i dunno who said it, but it wasn't urban meyer, jim tressle or steve spurrier.

We can rotate 4 Qbs for all I care, let's just play fast when they're in.

People need to calm down, What. If you have a qb that comes in and runs a specific running package, etc then sure its a 2 qb system. In addition, with statements like this you also keep the kids head into it for the entire spring and fall. I am not a huge fan of a legit two qb system but at this point lets give it some time. maddening that people would be at the edge of the cliff already the first day of spring practice

i am ready to slit my wrists, hang myslef, on the cliff...

i dunno who said it, but it wasn't urban meyer, jim tressle or steve spurrier.

what are you saying? dont think those guys ever used 2 qb's - maybe when leak was playing for fla. they brought tebow in every once in awhile to apease him his frosh yr, did tressel use 2 qb's ever, correct me if i am wrong?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom