2 Questions... | Syracusefan.com

2 Questions...

StCuse315

Walk On
1. Do we win in '03 if Duany doesn't redshirt his freshman year? Possibly the most underrated SU player of all time

2. Has anyone ever been hoping for a player to leave early more so than now? Asking for a friend

1. No. We wouldn't have won in '03 if any of the rotation players were missing.

2. Presuming everybody actually wants a player to leave early this year, I think a lot were ready for Paul Harris to go.

But Paul Harris could have learned to be a jump shooter. He could have learned to have some finesse around the rim. He's a good rebounder, a good athlete and gets to the line...That sounds familiar

But Paul Harris could have learned to be a jump shooter. He could have learned to have some finesse around the rim. He's a good rebounder, a good athlete and gets to the line...That sounds familiar

That's a very difficult thing to learn that late in the game.

Which player do people want to leave early?

I truly believe that Harris's problem was that he was always the biggest, fastest and strongest in his class in Niagara Falls. He could overpower his opponents. Even playing AAU and in camps he never learned to play. In college he was an undersized pf. Even sf. At times when he was forced to bring up the ball he actually looked somewhat comfortable. Should have been a 2g.

image.jpg

Kueth!

I truly believe that Harris's problem was that he was always the biggest, fastest and strongest in his class in Niagara Falls. He could overpower his opponents. Even playing AAU and in camps he never learned to play. In college he was an undersized pf. Even sf. At times when he was forced to bring up the ball he actually looked somewhat comfortable. Should have been a 2g.
But this is true of almost every guy who plays D1. The fact is he just wasn’t that good and played in a low talent league where he was just talented enough to dominate . If he played against stiffer competition, he’d have just been exposed earlier

2. Has anyone ever been hoping for a player to leave early more so than now? Asking for a friend
Maybe just a few...
Paul Harris
Dajuan Coleman
Donte Greene
Brandon Triche

I know there are more. D. Williams left for Iona but that’s one for sure.

I don't recall ever wanting Triche to leave but looking at his career stats there doesn't look to be much improvement between year 2 and 4 and actually became a worse shooter from deep as a Senior so that does seem to make some sense.

I don't recall ever wanting Triche to leave but looking at his career stats there doesn't look to be much improvement between year 2 and 4 and actually became a worse shooter from deep as a Senior so that does seem to make some sense.

Same with Battle.

I know triche did some great things, he was just one of those guys that rubbed me wrong.

Funny story. Well to me anyway. At the Hardwood dinner, the entire team signed this piece I made up ahead of time. I purposely brought a silver sharpie for them to use. Triche grabs it and signs it with black. To this day it makes me bananas that he was the one that made it look non uniform. I walk into my cave and my eyes go straight to his signature.
Frickin Triche

You can't hope for him to leave early when there is nowhere for him to go. G-league or China? The book is out on him. He needs serious work on his ball handling, converting and shooting. The bad passing and decision making are tough to improve on at this stage. Keuth was huge but so were Pace and Edelin, we still would have had a good shot.

I know triche did some great things, he was just one of those guys that rubbed me wrong.

Funny story. Well to me anyway. At the Hardwood dinner, the entire team signed this piece I made up ahead of time. I purposely brought a silver sharpie for them to use. Triche grabs it and signs it with black. To this day it makes me bananas that he was the one that made it look non uniform. I walk into my cave and my eyes go straight to his signature.
Frickin Triche
Just trace over it in silver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom