2 scary thoughts | Syracusefan.com

2 scary thoughts

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
1) You can't even blame injuries for the 5 game slide-Practically everyone was healthy for a change.
2)How many Marrone recruits made any kind of impact this year? The only ones I can thing of are the Thomas safeties and Lyn ( one who is gone and one who might be gone). Maybe the DT's were okay, though even Bromey was overlooked till a good all-star game at the end of his senior year. I can't think of any marrone recruits who did anything on offense.

as regards to point 1 it was really quite the opposite. we were playing teams who were missing some of their key players.

2)How many Marrone recruits made any kind of impact this year? The only ones I can thing of are the Thomas safeties and Lyn ( one who is gone and one who might be gone). Maybe the DT's were okay, though even Bromey was overlooked till a good all-star game at the end of his senior year. I can't think of any marrone recruits who did anything on offense.

Bromley and Goggins played pretty well this year.

West showed potential, as did Smith.

Pugh played well again, as did Lemon. Yes, they committed under G-Rob. But Marrone still recognized their potential and were a part of his first class.

1) You can't even blame injuries for the 5 game slide-Practically everyone was healthy for a change.

2) How about Pugh, Spruill, Davis, Diabate (all over the field against WVU), Lyn, Wilkes, Krautman, Bromley, Crume, Shamarko Thomas, Anderson, P. Thomas, Goggins, Lemon...I know its fun to bash on the recruiting, but you are really only talking about ONE class of recruits, true sophomores...

Year 1- half year of recruiting- doesn't really count
Year 2- true sophs and are just starting to make impact

YEAR 3- ALL TRUE FRESHMAN- What DO PEOPLE EXPECT??????? Let these kids RS as much as possible...HOW MANY TRUE FRESHMAN ARE MAKING IMMEDIATE IMPACTS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL...I can think of one or two 5 star recruits that made an impact

Pugh and Lemon are G-Rob recruits. I don't think you can give marrone credit for that. Smith showed me something in the last game. I haven't seen squat from West-too much fumbling and drops for my taste. Would have liked to see more Graham (who showed something this year and don't know why we forgot about him) or see Flemming get a chance to see what he can do.

Pugh and Lemon are G-Rob recruits.

So finding them is the only thing that goes into recruiting?

Marrone evaluated them, liked what he saw, and convinced them to come aboard despite a regime and attitude change. He deserves some credit.

First I'm 100% positive Lyn isn't going anywhere.

His recruits that got playing time...

Davis, Thomas, Thomas, Lyn, Lynch, Ameen-Moore, Reddish, Fisher, Kobena, Diabate, West, Goggins, Krautman, Wales, MacPherson, Spruill, Gulley, Wilkes, Smith, Rene, Hay, etc. etc. etc...

So finding them is the only thing that goes into recruiting?

Marrone evaluated them, liked what he saw, and convinced them to come aboard despite a regime and attitude change. He deserves some credit.

They committed to Grob, then Marrone initially opened their scholarships when he came aboard. i can't give him too much credit for them. We'll have to agree to disagree.

First I'm 100% positive Lyn isn't going anywhere.

His recruits that got playing time...

Davis, Thomas, Thomas, Lyn, Lynch, Ameen-Moore, Reddish, Fisher, Kobena, Diabate, West, Goggins, Krautman, Wales, MacPherson, Spruill, Gulley, Wilkes, Smith, Rene, Hay, etc. etc. etc...

Great news about Lyn, if true. Of course more than a few Marrone guys played-By his 3rd year, it would be impossible for them not to. I am talking about played well and made a positive impact and no I'm not counting multiple personal fouls as a positive impact. IMO very few guys on your list had good years.

Great news about Lyn, if true. Of course more than a few Marrone guys played-By his 3rd year, it would be impossible for them not to. I am talking about played well and made a positive impact and no I'm not counting multiple personal fouls as a positive impact. IMO very few guys on your list had good years.

I'd say just out of the list I put that Davis, Thomas, Thomas, Lyn, Fisher, Kobena, Diabate, West, Goggins, Krautman, Wales, Spruill, Smith, and Wilkes all had their moments.

I'll add that I don't think Lyn will go anywhere else willingly. If Marrone will have him back next season, then I believe he'll be back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom