2 yrs from now | Syracusefan.com

2 yrs from now

upperdeck

Living Legend
What part of the offense is in place for yr 3?

hopefully Dungey or someone playing at that level

do we have a skill guy on the roster for 2 yrs from now? Riley/Butler/Custis and ???

I think we probably have the oline guys in place and hopefully between then and the next class we are set

there is a good chance our entire skill class for 2018 is not even in the school now. is that scary or is it exciting?

If Dungey doesnt come back most of the skill for 2017 isnt even here, other than Phillips who has shown anything?

do we have a skill guy on the roster for 2 yrs from now? Riley/Butler/Custis and ???

I think we probably have the oline guys in place and hopefully between then and the next class we are set

there is a good chance our entire skill class for 2018 is not even in the school now. is that scary or is it exciting?

If Dungey doesnt come back most of the skill for 2017 isnt even here, other than Phillips who has shown anything?

There are 5 WRs coming in with the 2017 class. Hopefully some subset of them will be ready to participate in 2018, either as redshirt freshmen or true sophomores.

I'd add Mo Neal to your list. He may not be ready to do much now, but by then...

Both lines of scrimmage should be much improved by year 3.

Just because guys don't come in and make an impact from day one doesn't mean they won't make an impact over the course of their whole career.

Let's not forget Ishmael. I think he was underutilized this year. He has the best hands on the team, can make plays in traffic and is deceptively strong. Only thing he lacks is top end speed. I honestly think he's every bit as good as AET. He just hasn't gotten the targets this year. I expect him to have a huge 2017 if we have a capable QB.

Let's not forget Ishmael. I think he was underutilized this year. He has the best hands on the team, can make plays in traffic and is deceptively strong. Only thing he lacks is top end speed. I honestly think he's every bit as good as AET. He just hasn't gotten the targets this year. I expect him to have a huge 2017 if we have a capable QB.

Agree, ish has a big year next year.

AMEN , ED and AET built a relationship early. Ish was a good soldier through it all. Ish should have had more targets . Yes, he does lack break away speed making up for that with his competitiveness, hands , and his route running and ability to high point the ball. He will be a big part of the 2017 offense.

but he wont scare a D into doubling with a safety since he cant run by anyone. thats a huge thing in this offense.

but he wont scare a D into doubling with a safety since he cant run by anyone. thats a huge thing in this offense.

While I tend to agree with that, you said that "who besides Phillips has shown anything?" I think Ishamel has shown plenty. Sure, he won't run by guys. But he can make plays on a ball thrown anywhere near him. I'll take him in a 50/50 ball situation. He's aggressive, fearless and isn't afraid to get physical. I love that about him.

I think Devin Butler is that guy. Or one of the incoming freshman. But they like Butler.

The enigma, Custis, could be good - but he seems like he's more in the Ish mold (Big, strong rather than breakaway fast)

Ish88888 said:
AMEN , ED and AET built a relationship early. Ish was a good soldier through it all. Ish should have had more targets . Yes, he does lack break away speed making up for that with his competitiveness, hands , and his route running and ability to high point the ball. He will be a big part of the 2017 offense.

Id have to imagine once the numbers stareted rolling for AET having a 5th yr guy you target him as much as he can take try to get him drafted make a name for SU then do the same for your upper classmen recieviers and tell them you plan to do it that way.