2002 vs Virginia Tech | Syracusefan.com

2002 vs Virginia Tech

Eric15

Living Legend
I thought about it pretty hard, and I think the only SU football game this century that rivals yesterday in terms of raw back-and-forth excitement where our chances of winning were constantly fluctuating was our 2002 3OT win vs Va Tech.

Last edited:
I thought about it pretty hard, and I think the only SU football game this century that rivals yesterday in terms of raw back-and-forth excitement where our chances of winning were constantly fluctuating was our 2002 3OT win vs Va Tech.

Great call. A friend of mine and I were doing the same exercise and landed on this game. Bonkers win in an otherwise forgettable season. Wilford (VT) and Tyree both went absolutely nuts that day.

Only other candidate we could come up with was the 2011 Wake Forest comeback. If you want to go way back in time, maybe the game we tied against Michigan State in the early 90s with blocked PATs and returned conversions etc. Or the 94 Oklahoma game which has a whole thread dedicated to it…

That was a great game in '02. This would be a fun list. Another thread mentioned the BC game to clinch a bowl win in 2012. I think there was a crazy comeback in our season opener versus Wake in the early Marrone years.

That was a great game.

Nunes and Colin Barber we’re maddening.

That team was a consistent QB and kicker away from a solid bowl game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom