2004: UConn at Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

2004: UConn at Syracuse

I was at that game. Sat next to some onnoxious Uconn fans (par for the course) way up behind one of the baskets. The train from Armory still ran then. Jawed with the same fans all the way down the hill and on the train, which they had coincidentally also taken.

Can’t wait to watch this one later! I was there, losing my mind everytime Forth scored on Okafor, and stormed the court after that one. Had a lot of fun at that game. Some of the most fun games I’ve attended, I’ve never seen on YouTube. This, Pitt 2003, and ND 2003 are 3 of them.

Okafor was injured from what I recall.

His back was bothering him, from what I remember.

I had a coworker at my home from college summer job back then who went to UConn. He was running his mouth in summer ‘03 about how Cuse was lucky they didn’t see UConn in the tournament. I couldn’t wait for summer ‘04 after this game.

Can’t wait to watch this one later! I was there, losing my mind everytime Forth scored on Okafor, and stormed the court after that one. Had a lot of fun at that game. Some of the most fun games I’ve attended, I’ve never seen on YouTube. This, Pitt 2003, and ND 2003 are 3 of them.
Why storm the court?

Then they lost to BC and Vermont. Ugh.

Yeah as others have said we went to the sweet 16 that year, losing to 8 seed Alabama. Had we won we would have played Uconn in the elite 8.

We were defending national champs, 10-5 in the Big East, 20-6 overall, won 4 straight, and still unranked going into this game? No respect.

They don’t want us to win!

Also, there is always an excuse when we win.

That UCONN game was my last home game as an undergrad, I miss those uniforms.

The 10 year challenge for me in that one as I saw myself in the crowd.
I remember Billy Packer getting the business from the students.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom