2006 Big East Tourney SU games on now on ESPNU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2006 Big East Tourney SU games on now on ESPNU

Terrence Roberts May be one of the worst finishers in cuse history. I fell like I need to change the pic.

Now airing the Cincinnatti game (not 10 games), then Georgetown semi at 12, then championship game against Pitt at 2
This is great! DVR all games and watching. This will help getting through a sports and Cuse pause

Cuse!

One thing watch these games brings back is that SU was the alpha of the BE. I get there really wasn’t a choice but were just another team in the ACC

We’re just another team in the ACC because we have blown chunks ever since joining the conference.

Funny. I didn’t see much difference in 06’ gaurds D then this year

i actually did. Gerry was closing out much better and reflecting balls. Probably unfair to compare to a frosh Girard since he had four years in the program to learn shifts. Also opponents did not have shooters everywhere - emphasized less

I uploaded this video to Youtube back in 2007. Enjoy the nostalgia:

I miss having great athletes especially down low. Also miss Jim Burr...

Yeah, we had NBA size and athleticism on the back line of the 2-3 zone in ‘06 - as we did in many other years.

If only Boeheim would’ve played Wright and McCroskey more - they surely would’ve “developed” better and never transferred and would’ve led us to prominence...
Gorman as well

2006 was the one and only year I attended the Big East Tourney. Yeah, I guess I picked a good one.

I remember watching our first game vs. Cincinnati thinking crap, we’re going to lose the first darn game of the tourney and now I’m going to have to watch all of the other teams.

Boy was I wrong...

aren't the long baggy shorts ugly? I do like the "remember my name" song

If only Boeheim would’ve played Wright and McCroskey more - they surely would’ve “developed” better and never transferred and would’ve led us to prominence...
I’m surprised how many players JB played in this game.

I got a couple stories as I was a junior that year.
I went to high school with wright. I saw him at the mall went up to him to say hi...told me to screw off. Found it hard to root for cuse until he left the program. In high school proctor would let him take 100 shots. He wasn’t any good but jacked shots and accumulated points.
As for mccroaky I played against him in archbold. I’m 5’6” and I hit two jumpers over him and blew by him for a baseline layup. I’m sure he wasn’t playing hard but he couldn’t even score against a bunch of pick up game guys.

Id like to know how 3p % has changed over the years within p5 conference? Is it fairly stable or are their better shooters?

how about paul harris making a cameo at the end of the cuse win over pitt. Pretty sure he was wearing a brian eurlacher jersey.

We will never see an atmosphere in Brooklyn, DC, or Greensboro like we saw in MSG. Games there had a different atmosphere. Would love to watch the 2013 Syracuse/Georgetown game when we officially closed the Big East.
I was an auditor at the time and was working like 100 hours a week. It was the only thing in March I looked forward to. It was so awesome to be there in that building.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom