2010 or 2012 | Syracusefan.com

2010 or 2012

Which year had a better chance of a title?

Votes: 18 81.8%

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Equal

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Wouldn't have won regardless

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

jdubs30

Living Legend
Calling my inner-albany cuse, another hypothetical (although this one stings to think about);

Assuming AO didn't get hurt in 2010 and Fab Melo was eligible in 2012, which year do you think we had a better chance of WINNING the National Title?

2010:
Butler
Kansas State
Michigan State
Duke

2012:
Ohio State
Kansas
UK

While 2012 got farther than 2010 and only would have to win 3 more games, as opposed to 4 for 2010, I'd have to go with 2010. I thought 2010 was a relatively weak year and none of those teams are too scary; and unless DUke or Kansas State went crazy from 3, I think we would have cut down the nets. I think we handle Kansas with Fab, but UK would ahve been really, really tough.

We were set up perfect for 2010. We may have had a better overall team this past season but the competition was better as well.

We were set up perfect for 2010. We may have had a better overall team this past season but the competition was better as well.

I agree no doubt we win it all in 2010 with A.O. I think we lose to kentucky with Fab tho.

Give me 2010 with A.O. and that "gauntlet" to the Championship and tell me how much you want to bet. Im taking Cuse to win it all and matching whatever number you give me.

Yeah I'm going 2010. No Anthony Davis that year.

Have to go with 2010. That was a very special team. Lots of talent. No egos. No selfishness.

I guess I'll be the only voice of reason here and state that JAB would have 3 rings now if AO and Fab play. :)

2010 is a no brainer for me. 2012 would have been tough, but I like Fab to clog up the middle and neutralize AD. I like the battle of Waiters versus MKG. I think this would come down to how well UK would shoot against our zone, and I like the odds of the zone over their 3 point shooters. Too bad we never got to see the match-up.

I think 2010 was the better team. Though I think 2012 might have had a better chance to win it all. (Note: And 2010 had a VERY good chance.)

I think fully loaded both teams could have easily won it all, but since I think this years team would have at least made the FF if the refereeing was not horrible in the OSU game I'm going to go with this years team.

Now if the 2010 team played the 2012 team I think the 2010 team would win because with both teams playing zone the best shooting team will probably win and that was the 2010 team.

Another vote for 2010. A better fitting puzzle with more outside threats.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

2010. More shooting, more balanced scoring inside and out, better perimeter defense, better rebounding, and the best team chemistry since the 2003 team.

Level of competition aside, who wins in a 2012 vs. 2010 game?
I'm going with the 2010 team.

I'm in on the side of 2010, but I'll add that it's worth clarifying which "if Fab was eligible" we're talking about.

"If Fab was eligible after the Pittsburgh game" and remained that that way for the rest of the year, the sky was the limit for the 2012 team.

"If Fab was eligible for the tournament" after having previously endured the three-game hiatus in late January, I don't think we were going to win. Not everyone agrees with this, but we weren't the same team after the January suspension. Dion went into his funk, Joseph (aside from the crazy Georgetown game) wasn't producing, the game plan got conservative, and Fab's growth was really stunted by his absence. He played pretty well against Pittsburgh and it looked like he might be finally putting it all together; it never looked that way after he came back.

After Fab lost those two weeks, we were still quite capable of winning it all, but we were no longer clearly a better team than every other (which I think we were from about the time of the North Carolina State game through Villanova or so).

Another vote for 2010. A better fitting puzzle with more outside threats.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
2010 Better college players. More experience

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I guess I'll be the only voice of reason here and state that JAB would have 3 rings now if AO and Fab play. :)

2010 is a no brainer for me. 2012 would have been tough, but I like Fab to clog up the middle and neutralize AD. I like the battle of Waiters versus MKG. I think this would come down to how well UK would shoot against our zone, and I like the odds of the zone over their 3 point shooters. Too bad we never got to see the match-up.

Given that Teague was playing MUCH better during the tournament, the ability of multiple guys to hit mid range jumpers, a top two defense, and just enough outside shooting to keep Boeheim from packing the paint, I don't think SU had that much of a chance vs UK.

And Fab neutralizing AD was not going to happen.

Calling my inner-albany cuse, another hypothetical (although this one stings to think about);

Assuming AO didn't get hurt in 2010 and Fab Melo was eligible in 2012, which year do you think we had a better chance of WINNING the National Title?

2010:
Butler
Kansas State
Michigan State
Duke

2012:
Ohio State
Kansas
UK

While 2012 got farther than 2010 and only would have to win 3 more games, as opposed to 4 for 2010, I'd have to go with 2010. I thought 2010 was a relatively weak year and none of those teams are too scary; and unless DUke or Kansas State went crazy from 3, I think we would have cut down the nets. I think we handle Kansas with Fab, but UK would ahve been really, really tough.

2010. That path was set up for us. KSU was coming off a three OT game I believe and MSU had injury issues.

Need some luck with matchups to win it all.

Given that Teague was playing MUCH better during the tournament, the ability of multiple guys to hit mid range jumpers, a top two defense, and just enough outside shooting to keep Boeheim from packing the paint, I don't think SU had that much of a chance vs UK.

And Fab neutralizing AD was not going to happen.
I don't think you can really neutralize Davis on defense or on the boards...As for offense, he was 1 for 10. Not much to neutralize.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom