2012-13 Addition | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2012-13 Addition

UofL will be better heading into next season, IMO.
If you are talking about Siva, he is not good enough to lead mostly role players. He forced too many things...

M
If you are talking about Siva, he is not good enough to lead mostly role players. He forced too many things...

Dieng and Behanan, mainly. They lose Chris Smith and Kuric only, I believe. And those are two of the most overrated players in the conference. The roster is always deep with role players, and they are in the Final Four. And it's not like SU wasn't one of the three best teams all year with mainly role players, too. UofL won't win it all this year or next, but they'll be damn good.

M

Dieng and Behanan, mainly. They lose Chris Smith and Kuric only, I believe. And those are two of the most overrated players in the conference. The roster is always deep with role players, and they are in the Final Four. And it's not like SU wasn't one of the three best teams all year with mainly role players, too. UofL won't win it all this year or next, but they'll be damn good.

Louisville was very fortunate to get a good draw in the tourney this season. They were fortunate they didn't have to face another top seed, & Michigan State was severely overseeded. If Louisville was in Syracuse's spot they would been eliminated by Kansas State.

I understand that, but that's how it works every year. They are returning almost all their players while many of the top tier are gutted. UofL being even equal to this year's team gives them a leg up.

I'm just saying that as far as good teams bringing BACK a lot of talent, they are right there.

Look at all the top teams that are losing players and who do they have to replace them
Kentucky Most likely losing Davis, Gilchirst, and jones. Miller also gone. Possibly may lose teague and Lamb

We lose Scoop but have MCW to replace him
lose Joseph but have Fair, Southerland, and Christmas to man the forward spots
lose Melo but have Keita, Coleman and Christmas to man the center spot

Probably biggest drop off is Waiters off the bench. We will need Cooney to fill that role for the guards.

Seems like we are going to be fine and a lot of teams will be weaker.
Don't count out Kentucky's ability to execute their game plan (i.e., one-and-dones). They already have verbals from 2 Mickey D's, and are still in the conversation with 4 others who are undecided. And that doesn't include Noel.

Don't count out Kentucky's ability to execute their game plan (i.e., one-and-dones). They already have verbals from 2 Mickey D's, and are still in the conversation with 4 others who are undecided. And that doesn't include Noel.

Correct, which means CUSE has a great shot at getting Noel. Why would he want to go where he would have to compete for playing time? That would affect his draft stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom